Pink screen of death

This also happens in my game when I was just playing on my IPhone XS

4 Likes

This issue is still happening on mobile devices. It’s probably been at least 48 hours since this was reported, and it’s still affecting a lot of my mobile audience, and also for other experiences.

I’d highly appreciate if we could have an update from a Roblox staff member please as to whether this issue is being investigated. Thank you.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reports. We’re actively investigating this issue

18 Likes

Vouch. I had never received any reports of this issue until a day or so ago when I started receiving multiple from a range of users on mobile devices. It seems a recent change in the app has made this issue more common(?)

2 Likes

I got some reports of this on one of my games

When I was testing to see if I’d get the same issue, I noticed on my iPad 6th gen 14.1 that the world was just flashing when I’d join and the only way to fix it was pressing home and opening the app again, somehow it would stop the flashing. I noticed I was on automatic graphic settings so I switched to manual on 1 and rejoined without the flashing issue, tried again with 10 and the flashing came back until I did the home and reopen fix a few times

I didn’t experience this issue in any of my other games when I tested them

4 Likes

hi all! thanks for reporting this issue to us :heart_decoration: We’ve identified the root cause of this issue and are working on a fix!

26 Likes

Thanks for keeping us updated. Same thing for my game “The Nursing Home”, many reporting the issues within the past 2 or 3 days. Can’t wait to hear more regarding a fix coming.

Thanks again.

4 Likes

Hi All, our team is continuing to work on resolving this issue as soon as possible. However, the fix is more complicated than expected. We’ll continue to keep all of you updated.

31 Likes

Thanks for the update! My game, Pastriez Bakery, is still being effected by this issue.

1 Like

Could you ever provide us with the reasons why this happens on mobile, does it have something to do with the 3d world render? does it have something to do specifically with an object? like how does this mostly happen, UI Glitches?

2 Likes

I really appreciate the effort your team is putting in to fixing this issue! But any further update on when we could expect the fix to be released?

This bug has severely hurt my mobile & tablet audience, and my mobile and tablet average session length has severely suffered as a result (mostly mobile). My mobile audience makes up a massive proportion of my players, so it’s a big deal for my game.

Some information which might be of some value to your team:
A player recently described to me how to ‘solve’ the pink glitch screen on mobile. I will quote what he said…

“if you’re playing and the pink is on your screen, double click the home button, dont swipe Roblox up, go to your home screen and double click again and press roblox”

I can’t confirm if this actually works since I don’t experience this glitch when I play on mobile, but hopefully it is useful to you in one way or another.

Thank you for your hard work so far and good luck with the fix! Hopefully it will be fixed soon.Thanks!

3 Likes

good luck, getting this fixed will heavily impact mobile!

4 Likes

Hi All,

Our team has deployed a fix for this issue. We’re doing a phased rollout of the fix which will be complete by 4/28 9am PST. Currently, any manual updates or new downloads of the Roblox app will get the updated version.

SrWildernessXplorer

23 Likes

I just got this like 10 minutes ago…

1 Like

I can confirm that the issue is still happening to our players.

These are after the phased rollout of the fix was supposed to be complete.

1 Like

Apparently, players need to update their Roblox App. That’s what I’ve heard from some of my players, as some have said that it is fixed once they update the app. I cannot 100% confirm this works, since it works fine on my mobile devices. But, you would think the update would be forced for everyone. Not sure about the exact process to be honest.

remind them that this is a roblox issue so they will stay noted

2 Likes

Hi Enqrypted,

Can you have the user update their Roblox app? Users have to update their app in order to receive the fix for this issue.

SrWildernessXplorer

Yeah, I assumed an update would be forced after the phased rollout but apparently not. Seems like the pink bug reports have stopped now :slight_smile:

1 Like