Pixel based game loads sprites terribly compressed

I’m making a game that uses a spritesheet to display very small sprites in my game and they look perfectly find on a computer, no problems at all, however on my phone and surprisingly an Xbox they are incredibly compressed and crunched. Is there a way to disable this at all? Maybe even a work around?

can you provide a screenshot?
is resamplemode set to “Pixelated”?
are you using ui images?

No, I’m playing on console
Yes, every image uses this
Yes, the entire game sits in the GUI

sometimes the game loads in such a way that images seem compressed, or it could be that the image is too small for mobile

I want a way to tell the game to load the images uncompressed.

it could be the sampling normally graphics APIs smooth out the pixelated textures tho-
I don’t know how to disable it in roblox studio

1 Like

Could be something related to this Blurry / compressed materials on the desktop web-launched client despite adequate hardware availability

It’s been a issue for a while now. It depends on the specs of the device. No workaround as far as i’m aware.

1 Like

That’s very disappointing, a game very similar to mine called “Classic Sonic Simulator” doesn’t seem to have this issue as severe as mine (it’s extremely minor, tricky to notice) so I know theres some sort of work around.

Those games might just upscale pixelated images into a much larger resolution, before ResampleMode existed.

1 Like

what do you mean by

?
do you think you could take a picture of the issue on console and upload it?

What res are you importing them at? You may be importing them higher than roblox like and its compressing them really badly.
Maybe try to stay in 1024x1024 range?