Pixel-perfect Win32 Emulator

Alongside a big project I’m making that will surely break roblox (o_o) I’m making a little Windows 7 emulator. This is a showcase of what the templating of the ui could look like, note that it’s a prototype thanks.

after finishing it I’ll plan on adding a directx & dxgi port along with internet access :slight_smile:

here’s a little peek

want an icon? it snaps perfectly just like in windows 7

yes thanks

edit!

messagebox & messagebox code

MessageBox(NULL, "something went wrong", "Fatal Error", MB_ICONINFORMATION | MB_OKCANCEL);
9 Likes

running applications will be the same as using Windows.h >> WinMain

please note that the kernel is actually the client and the programs will be loaded by the client as modules (so it requires them and runs module.WinMain)

some elements such as HINSTANCE, HRESULT, HWND, … may differ in functionality to adapt to the roblox environment!

yep…

3 Likes

Make annoying loading bars that get stuck on 99% :grin:

Kudos for the sailor moon background btw

4 Likes

<3

i will, if I find the sprites for the progressbar animation :skull:

2 Likes

Good job on the program frame, looks very accurate. Adaugă și butoanele :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

e un prototip, o sa se adapteze la orice :slight_smile:
si fereastra aia e pe WS_CAPTION, deci fara butoane

2 Likes

This Windows 32 Emulator looks great! Nice job on it!

3 Likes

thanks, that’s just the ui port to roblox. <3

2 Likes

am cateva trucuri cu offset in loc de scale pentru a pastra o proportie pe diferite ecrane, si eu lucrez la o interfata de tip WinXP in acest moment

3 Likes

windows foloseste offset la aproape toate sub-windowurile, mai bine daca folosesti scale baga un uisizeconstraint

2 Likes

te ai gandit cum o sa faci kernel-ul? eu am inceput sa fac un port de Windows.h

2 Likes

a wndclass registration kinda looks like this

nu fac direct Windows, ci o varianta de Linux care surprinzator arata ca XP. programele ruleaza pe baza unor animatii incorporate in module

2 Likes

i may have to define NULL so it’s easier on the eyes :skull:

1 Like

nu se compara una cu alta, 2 designuri diferite (si stilul codului)

2 Likes

niceee

my idea was to rewrite most of the kernel code of windows 7 to run some or most applications, making it a valid env for those on phone once I figure out how to receive and send packets at decent rate

3 Likes