Place botting explanation & ways to combat it

I wonder how effective Captcha systems could be in this case. Something like this except maybe the button could move with each press randomly. Bots attacking game servers

That is if the bots do eventually break through the measures we have now. It wouldn’t surprise me with how quickly they seem to adapt.

I made an updated version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXtKjV8yuKk&feature=youtu.be
Check it out, I think this will prevent in-game botting but not dislikes, maybe checking user’s age and kicking them will but I think Roblox should do something about it.

New players must be able to play games only after they’ve verified their email.

Oooooh. Much better. And yeah, we definitely need verified emails and a time amount needed to dislike to be added.

Personally not a fan of this one. Just annoying for the user.

I don’t think we should be using “captchas” at all.

i do agree, it does ruin the user experience

Yeah, that’s fair. It’s makes the user experience a bit more… Rough? It kind of takes some immersion away.

Don’t think that’s the case, I do recall a time where I clicked the play button but then later the client failed to load because of my slow internet, though I was still able to rate the game after i’ve clicked the play button.

1 Like

Five seconds doesn’t seem to be enough. I tried this on my games and people with slow internet (I assume) were complaining about being kicked.

3 Likes

Bots must follow all user-account restrictions. It’s impossible to tell if the user is a bot based on name and if account age is put Into perspective, you’re missing out on a lot of new players joining your game. This is not a developer issue. This is simply Roblox failing to follow modern security techniques.

2 Likes

It’s impossible to tell if the user is a bot based on name and if account age is put Into perspective

Which this thread doesn’t do? Did you even see how the place file works?

You’re trying to attempt to get rid of an issue that has nothing to do with developers nor is it in their control. Anything you can do as a player can be done as a bot. Therefore, any changes to prevent bots from entering your place will also affect real players trying to play as well.

My idea is not for like/dislike bots. That is another discussion that needs to be addressed by roblox.

1 Like

You’re trying to attempt to get rid of an issue that has nothing to do with developers

Not “attempt”, I’ve literally proved it works. It doesn’t matter if it isn’t our problem, we can still do something about it, and clearly people care enough to do whatever we can to stop it.

Therefore, any changes to prevent bots from entering your place will also affect real players trying to play as well.

A remote event test does not affect legitimate players, if you make the time sufficient enough (which appears to be a little greater than 5 seconds, try 20 seconds).

1 Like

Please keep this on-topic – this thread is about the module/method presented in the first post, not a dump post for everything place botting-related.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Adonis admin has a feature that checks if the client is responding every 5 minutes or so, so you might already have this protection if you have Adonis or a custom variant in your game.

Thank you for this I really don’t like bots I keep thinking someone keeps trying to bot my game’s. I don’t understand why people bot game’s…

By using bots, you can secure MULTIPLE spots on the front page.

Top Rated, Popular, etc.

Players, especially younger ones, will play just about anything on the front page. So you’ll be attracting a whole lot of REAL players to your game by using bots.

On the other hand, if you don’t like a very successful developer who is in #1 top rated, you can just “nope” them by having millions of bots dislike the game, which will boot them from Top Rated.

What’s worse, I’m not sure if this is possible, but I’m thinking of someone REALLY disliked you, they could bot your game to the front page, Roblox finds out about it, and then you get your account terminated.

Would be cool if someone told me if this is actually possible ^

It can be possible that someone bots are game because they don’t like you I understand why people bot there game’s but the thing is I find it dumb that people bot there games. Just to get to the front page… it’s unfair to the people you work hard to make a game to get it to the front page. I understand that people click on the game because, Hey it’s has people playing so let me play also. Roblox really needs to fix this some way some how to remove these bots like they have to be coming for a wed sit or something it just can’t come air and if someone does bot your game Roblox will think it was you and you can get banned.

Do these bots fire PlayerAdded when they join?

No, well not that I know or heard about it I might be wrong so don’t take my word on it. :confused: