Place File Corrupted

I opened an unpublished Baseplate and pasted in all the assets from the corrupted place.

The baseplate then failed to Play Solo, with the same error as the original.

I therefore assume one of the assets is the problem. I will work through them one by one until I find which one causes this, hopefully.

Edit: Painstakingly went through every asset, and they all worked fine in baseplate. However, when I put all of them in at once, it breaks. What?

Edit 2: More testing revealed that it breaks when I have my map in workspace and certain objects in ReplicatedFirst. Not one or the other, only when I have both. I’ll keep narrowing it down.

Edit 3: I give up this feels random at this point, I can’t pin it to a single asset

1 Like

Happening to me as well, but I didn’t format my bug report properly.

If you guys could come and see if you crash after joining this place, would be helpful : Tokyo Market市場 - Roblox
(Just reply if you crash or not)

1 Like

I haven’t had this issue yet, my places load up just fine.

Your game crashed so badly I had to use Task Manager to close Roblox.

1 Like

https://gyazo.com/6aefa2102a4e3f48c4e8e4c61d69e510

Getting this for a lot of my places.

1 Like

Hey all,

If you are also experiencing this issue, please like the original post; unless you have new information.

This makes it much easier for Roblox engineers to find useful information, while still easily measuring impact.

1 Like

We’re working on resolving the issue ASAP. In the mean time let’s try a workaround. Please check the content of appStorage.json on you HD

• Windows: %LocalAppData%\Roblox\LocalStorage
  • Mac: ~/Library/Roblox/LocalStorage

If the file is empty, delete it. If it is not, please copy it somewhere safe and then delete it. Then restart Studio and Player and see if it helps.

6 Likes

Thanks for responding quickly!

UPDATE: it has solved my issue : )

1 Like

This occurs to me randomly on random places, same exact message, however, for me a refresh, reload, etc fixes mine.

Same here, but this is a different occasion

10/10 roblox, i suggest using a VPN, I dont know why this fixes the issue, but it worked for me.

Most likely you’re behind a proxy that blocks calls to some of Roblox endpoints.

Is it possible that Roblox is having issues currently?

I was able to get into my game after doing your solution @DreamingMind, however, certain sounds & textures, and the entire Toolbox is not loading currently.

1 Like

We had a blip about an hour ago. Can you please restart Studio and see if it helps?

1 Like

This usually happens to me when I go AFK on studio for around 20 minutes.

Yeah, its happen to me. Idk why this was happen, i need to send file logs of a place, but I am too afraid that my file logs will be unreadable, so I hope that this problem will be solved very quickly so that I can continue to signal a bug and finish a project. This bug is quite annoying though, I really hope Roblox will fix it as soon as possible (am using Team-Create, so idk if the method from DreamingMind still work with this place as one of my friend created the place).

1 Like

I’ve had this error with multiple places and some have not even shown an error message, just were stuck on “Loading” for hours on end.

1 Like

Not sure if this issue is fully related to the problem I’ve been having for a while now. You can find the post here

As @ix_EcIipse mentioned earlier, the only fix I’ve found to work was to use a VPN service. The bug occurs randomly as well.

2 Likes

I am still having this issue, I don’t use any proxy or VPN, the issue started first time \ started today.

1 Like

Please file new bugs under dedicated bug reports