Place Open Improvements [Test]

That’s intentional, it’s done to avoid hogging system resources while running in the background.

1 Like

Could it just be made into a studio setting? It’s getting into the way of a couple of things like two player testing and using hoarcekat with roact/fusion in vscode because the low fps in studio doesn’t let me see the animations properly. It’s really annoying for people using external editors and a second monitor :confused:

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with what Datasigh said, or at least make it a FFlag that we can disable. This is annoying when trying to record or test a feature that requires 2 players (specifically vfx related) because it makes everything seem laggy for the unfocused window.

2 Likes

A feature that seems to be missing with this UI is being able to easily navigate it with a keyboard
(like tab to the cancel button and pressing enter to cancel it)

Key navigation in general needs major improvements. Are you talking about on the Place Open dialog though (the original topic of this post)?

The only thing I think we could do here is focus the keyboard on the cancel button which I don’t think our UX designers would approve of due to how easy it would be to accidentally cancel the opening operation.

1 Like

Yeah it doesn’t need to instantly be focused but you could possibly move it there using the tab key as thats what most things do if thats possible? Wouldn’t really be a huge deal if that wasn’t a thing tho

1 Like

Not sure if anyone has talked about it in this thread already but longer game names look ood (known issues didn’t have it)

1 Like

Thanks so much for letting us know!

1 Like