Place upload failed when attempting to publish descendant assets. Failed to Upload Union

Same here with the original place i was talking about

Hey @BuildIntoTrains and everyone else facing this issue,
Really sorry to hear that. Would you all mind sharing the problematic place files if possible with me in a DM? (If this is still an issue) @hhweat it seems like youā€™re having an issue with avatar related content?

1 Like

Also @BuildIntoTrains what do you mean by upload? Was this place entirely developed in Team Create and then you tried to Publish to Roblox and his the error then?

1 Like

It happened when developing solo. And yes it was Publish to Roblox I was using.

Iā€™ve been experiencing the failed to upload union problem when trying to publish a game. The game was created with team create and I was trying to publish it to a new place. It makes it sorta hard to work on my game since I was going to use this new place as a test universe. I am able to publish occasionally if I delete a bunch of unions but I canā€™t pin down the exact union or issue. Would love an update on this issue.

Hate to bump a post but is there an update on this? Its almost been 2 weeks and I still cannot publish my place. Heres the error if it helps at all.

1 Like

Still happens to me occasionally too

Iā€™m having this issue as well, facing the same error as seen in this thread.

Iā€™ve tried all the solutions listed from older threads about this issue and none of them work. Iā€™ve attempted turning off team create, uploading from a local file, copying and pasting the unions from local file incrementally, removing unions, saving instead of publishing, changing my WiFi connection, republishing again, checking output, among other things. None of these solutions work.

I have not attempted to upload my local file to a new place, as this would mean my developer and I would have to manually grant permission for the countless amount of audio IDs used in the place.

I am also now unable to turn my team create back on, and as such my team and I cannot resume work on our project until the issue is fixed.

Has anyone found a solution yet?

Hey all, I managed to circumvent this issue. In the interest of anyone else who may be facing the same error, please avoid marking this as a solution unless itā€™s been confirmed to work by others in this thread. Anyway, hereā€™s what I did:

1. Save affected place to local file to avoid loss of progress
  2. Disable team create on affected place, then exit place
  3. Publish local file to ROBLOX as a new place
  4. Publish the new place back onto the old place; it should publish successfully at this point
  5. Finally, re-enable team create on the old place

It may not work for you, but itā€™s what worked for me and I thought Iā€™d detail the steps I took. Hopefully it helps!

2 Likes

Hey all,
sorry for this issue. There are a couple complicated engineering issues with our CSG processing. But for now the issue should be mitigated, let us know if it comes up again

1 Like