Places no longer publishing upon closing out of studio

Recently, I’ve noticed that the “Publish” dialog has been released with “Save,” which obviously no longer publishes the game. The only way I’ve seen to publish places is through the File menu, which breaks my workflow I’ve had the last couple of years now.

I’m not sure if this feature is intentional or not, but it’s a bit annoying since I now have to update like 8 places today since I “saved” all of them last night. I wasn’t aware of the behavior change.

2 Likes

Can’t you just use the shortcut in Studio to publish. Just use Alt + P.

1 Like

Edit: Misread the OP a bit; thought there was no save prompt. See below.

The shortcut does exist, but it is normal for applications to have some sort of “save unsaved work?” dialog. Since some workflows rely only on published games, not file based games, this type of dialog should exist, and has for the past few years, to do the equivalent.

1 Like

The behavior was changed to allow developers to save to the same place, without breaking the live version. As per the Cloud Save update. The option to publish to studio was removed from the file menu in order to avoid confusion. It was intentional and is not a bug.

You should use the shortcut to publish now instead. Or go to the website after saving and click on Version History to set the latest save to be the published version.

Edit:

Actually I’m still seeing Publish to Roblox. Ha… seems like I missread the OP as well haha.

1 Like

I’m not even sure why this is a feature to be honest, especially since Studio’s inception, it’s always published rather than save. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I actually welcome cloud saving. It feels more like a repository which for me is my natural habitat. I’ve just not used the Save Dialog much. I think I get what you are saying now.

The Dialogue saves to Roblox instead of Publishing now? I believe regardless Alt+P should work in this case. Kinda funny how even responding to this, everyone in this post managed to become confused.

1 Like

I was referring to clicking the X in the title bar.

It used to Publish the game, rather than save it.

I’ve never used the shortcut before so this’ll be new.

1 Like

We see Publish as an explicit action that a Developer must take. You can do this by using the File Menu or hitting Alt + P when you are ready to publish.

There are no plans to return the Publish button to the dialog upon closing out of Studio.

4 Likes

Can we have an option inside of Studio that restores the previous behavior?

1 Like

There are no plans to support this behavior or provide an option.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.