Planet Clicker - my first game

Hey everyone, I’ve been working hard lately on finally finishing my first game, and I’m fairly sure I’m nearly done. I’d really appreciate if you checked it out, and any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated as well. This is mainly for a local tech fair, but I plan on monetizing it a bit as well. If you have any ideas on how to make the game more engaging as well, feel free to share.

If you find any bugs, please send them to me as well.

Thanks!

Updates:

• Added cooldown to prevent insane autoclicking
  • Fixed rebirth to be a more reasonable cost
  • Shortened cash display numbers for easy readability
  • Fixed upgrade menu bug
  • Added multiplier when buying upgrades

To do:

• Fix multiplier to display the correct price
  • Add decimal places to cash display (?)
  • Add more upgrades
  • Balance rebirth cost, rebirth multiplier, and upgrade cost
  • Add comets for research points
  • Add leaderboard system
  • Add more planets
  • Monetize

Screenshots:

24 Likes

When I joined the game, It automatically gave me 10 coins, Is that suppose to happen? And there is no tutorial about what you are suppose to do. I think you should add one. Overall, the game is pretty cool.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s supposed to happen.
I felt like the game was pretty self-explanatory, but I may add a tutorial in the future. Thanks for the suggestion!

2 Likes

There doesn’t seem to be any auto-clicker detection as I was able to quickly farm like 700 points in like 2 seconds

I don’t consider autoclicking as cheating

Though, it’s kinda boring after a few minutes, so I suggest you add more things to do to keep the player interested

4 Likes

I feel like you should make it possible to rebirth multiple times at once

1 Like

Rebirth would be much more expensive once I fix that, so I don’t think that’s necessary.

Okay thats fine but you should do something to make Rebirthing feel more Needed, once you have like 10 rebirths all you need to do is upgrade the first upgrade over and over then click a ton and repeat, rebirthining doesnt add a good enough gain.

1 Like

You can’t click on the planet anymore it doesnt work ‘-’

Fixed that. The debounce was messed up.

I like the game, good and simple. Something I’d play one my phone when im bored. Only large criticism is that the rebirths are way to difficult. Maybe make then get difficult gradually to keep players interested.

2 Likes

I’ll look into that, still working on balancing everything.

I think it would be awesome if you added something like a meteor that flys across the screen that you get money if you click. You could scale the amount it gives based on total rebirths and then randomize when it comes!

2 Likes

That’s a great idea! Perhaps I’ll do that with research points, I feel like the current way is a little unintuitive.

The design is really cool! The planets and the background are very unique. I’m starting to become addicted :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I love the idea of this! I tried the game and it’s amazing! I’ve never seen a 2D simulator game, and I hope to see more from you!

2 Likes

It’s a great game and I think it could be the start of a new style of 2D games for Roblox, which would be amazing!

Edit: The only issue I had with the game was the fact the GUIs seem to reset if you exit the upgrades tab.

Picture

Thanks, I’ll look into that. .

1 Like

The game itself is a very good starting game and a journey to learn about coding and lots of game dev aspects but what I would avoid are Clickers or very repetitive game mechanics, but still nice game.

1 Like

New update, thanks for all the feedback!
Balanced a few things, added a multiplier for buying upgrades, updated shop UI, and shortened larger numbers for easy reading!

2 Likes

You should make the labels show the first two decimals of the current magnitude.

I have gotten a few things to cost 1 million but it just says “1M” but realistically it is something like 1.5mil

1 Like