Planet Orbitting System

Hey devs,

I am currently trying to make a galaxy inside Roblox Studio. I was wondering what the best way of going about making planets orbit the sun would be. I thought I could possibly use a HingeConstraint to do this, but let me know your ideas and thoughts.

Thank you,

Edit: I am using models instead of parts for the planets, thought I would clarify.

1 Like

Does anyone have any ideas that could potentially work?

You could use hinge constraints, but this probably wouldn’t account for elliptical orbits. I would probably start researching how gravity works first, and apply that knowledge to a solar system. However, I don’t know physics very well, so I can’t really help with that.

Thanks for your reply. I will look into that and see if anyone else has any ideas.

It depends on what exactly you’re going for. You can use physics forces to simulate gravity, although that isn’t exactly very accurate considering that gravity isn’t technically a force in the traditional sense. More can be learned in regards to General Relativity.

It should also be noted that Roblox doesn’t play very well with large objects. If you’re considering any sort of lighting, that also won’t work due to the rather limited maximum light range.

In a hour or so I’m going to post a planet orbit system module!

Try my module the for an easy to use module for this exact purpose. Link : [Tomroblox54321's Advanced Planetary Orbit Module Is Out]Tomroblox54321's Planetary Orbit Module. Hope you enjoy!

1 Like