Planetary Orbiting Module Update 1.1!

If you saw my last post, (which you probably haven’t), you’d know yesterday I made a Planetary Orbiting Module.

Link to module: https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/17140441342/Planetary-Orbiting-Module

Today I’ve added a major change + other things

1. Polygonal Orbits:
    There is now the ability to make polygonal orbits, and a new “Sides” input.
    If sides is set to 0 or it is left blank, then it defaults to a circular orbit, otherwise
    it will match the side input given, (if you are wondering about 1 and 2 sides, you should try it)
  2. Settings Module:
    There is a module that allows you to customize some aspects of the module, such as orbit trails, and polygon limits. It only has 3 inputs atm but I might add some more in the future

in the next update I plan to add:

Orbit Defaults for certain strings;
So if it ends in a certain string like “X” it will be given a certain set of default
orbit settings, or some sort of “grouping” system similar to that,

some sort of orbit manager for easier use,

and some more quality of life features

here is a showcase of it in action:

I know this a bit much for a module no one knows about, (or cares about)
and I may be taking this too seriously, but I’d like to imagine there’s at least 1 person using this lol

Note: If you have any suggestions or criticisms for the module that you’d like the share, I’d be glad to hear them! :grinning:

Have a nice day :smile:

11 Likes

Version 1.1.5

I updated it to 1.1.5, but I don’t think the update was major enough for me to make a new post, so I’ll briefly go over it here.

• Orbit Tags

There is now orbit tags, which allow you to group orbits with tags, and set multiple values at once

There are 3 new functions:
AddTag(key, tagkey) – Adds a tag from the specified key
RemoveTag(key, tagkey) – Removes a tag from the specified key
EditTag(config, tagkey) – updates all settings with the tag (makes big use of the next change in the list)

• Updating Orbit made quicker:

Now, instead of having to reassign every value to every setting,
you now only have to fill in the ones you want to change, BUT
the ones you don’t want to update still have to be filled in with Nil
so the script understands what goes where

• Trails are better

A very minor update, but now the trails have a 0.1 second delay before they are parented to the moon object (if trails are turned on in the first place) so there are no teleport trails from the moon object suddenly changing positions in orbit

• Some new settings

there are a few new customizable settings, and a new default system, that when turned on, defaults undefined values (with Orbit.New(), of course) to their corresponding default settings.

• Modular Optimization

I optimized the warning system, and packed it into a module inside the main module. (Free for the taking), so warnings will be more consistent. I also got all of the security checks that cause warnings into a “Security” module.

Anyway, enjoy!

2 Likes