Platform spinning

Hello, so I made a platform (The platform is unanchored) that moves the player using TweenService, AlignPosition (I just switched on ApplyAtCenterOfMass.), and AlignOrientation(I just left AlignType as PrimaryAxisParallel.), and I wanted it to stay still, but when the player touches the side of the platform, it rotates to the side. I have no idea how to fix this, can anyone help me?
imagem_2024-04-16_221650827

If you set the max force/torque to be infinite, lower the max velocity, and set the responsiveness to max(200), you should be able to achieve this.

I did what you said, but I didn’t understand if it was supposed to go in Align or both, so I first put it in AlignOrientation, and it stayed the same. Then I put it in AlignPosition, and when I tested it, I would fall off the platform as if there was no physics.

Could you send pictures of both of the properties?

Sure, this is AlignOrientation:
imagem_2024-04-17_004140120
And this is AlignPosition:
imagem_2024-04-17_004304187

Could you send a place file? Physics are a little hard to test through forms, as they are separate from a lot of the coding aspects.

Try setting AlignType of your AlignOrientation to AllAxes so it applies to all axes instead of just the primary axis

It works, but what I want is for the platform to stay still and not rotate to any side, as if it were anchored. What happens when I set it to AllAxes is that when I jump on it, it flips downward, but then returns to its original position, which I don’t want.

Of course, here it is.
study of Tween.rbxl (50.3 KB)

(If you test it, you’ll see that it works, but if you jump from underneath/above the platform, you’ll see that it moves, and I don’t want that.)

Ah, try turning on RigidityEnabled on your align orientation, doing this should make it so the platform is basically impossible to rotate

2 Likes

Wow, that worked! Thanks for helping me, even though it was something simple, I’m a beginner after all XD

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.