Play button crossed out even with correct age settings

Certain users of my game have reported a bug where they can’t play certain games, even with the required age settings. This issue appears on Mobile and Console. This bug has been reported to my game, Dragon Ball Rage, however, users have told me it happens from other games. The users claim to be in various different countries. I am unable to replicate this bug myself, but have had numerous players report this to me today.

Link to affected game:

Image from affected user:

Expected behavior

I would expect the button to allow players to play the game if they have the correct age settings.

2 Likes

I believe that even if the users have the correct age setup, certain game aspects relevant to age guidelines like blood/violence are blocked in certain countries so the experience may be restricted based on their location. Roblox doesn’t show the exact error on mobile but if they try to visit it on PC, they might see something along the lines of “This experience is not available in your region”.

1 Like

This would be a sudden change for multiple countries in Europe and South America, which seems relatively unlikely. The players reporting are returning users - some of which have beaten the game.

The game contains no blood or gore. Not to mention one of the countries I received reports from was Brazil.

Some users are also currently reporting that its fixed, while other users say its still broken.

2 Likes

Ah, the fact that they’re returning users which have previously been able to play the game invalidates what I said then.

There was a recent outage relating to settings which may have resulted in Roblox being unable to check what these users’ age settings were and hence being unable to validate they have access to the experience. This may have caused the issue for some; not sure why it’s happening for others.

2 Likes

I just heard back from the last few people impacted - they say its good to go so it was likely this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.