Play / Run button must be double-clicked if Ribbon bar is collapsed

When I am in Studio, I like to have the ribbon hidden for more viewport space. Recently though, I’ve discovered that when the ribbon is popped out but not taking up viewport space, the play button does not react the first time when it is clicked, you’d expect the button to run the game the first time it is clicked, not the second or third within a second. There is no specific place that this bug occurs on, and it happens 100% of the time.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Minimize Ribbon
  2. Open Ribbon but don’t snap it into Studio fully
  3. Click the play button once
  4. Wait a second before double clicking the play button

This happens any time you try to click the button, and it happens on all Roblox versions. (A workaround is to rapidly click the button until it works.) Here is a link to a GIF showing the issue. When I move the mouse away from the play button, it means I have only clicked it once, but the when it worked, I had double clicked, and it worked, although the expected behaviour is for it to work the first time you click it. I do not know when this started happening as I just learned about the ability to minimize the ribbon very recently. I do not know if this happens on MacOS as I am on Windows.

5 Likes

Hey ShelDev,
Sorry for the slow response, and thanks for reporting this issue. I can definitely replicate the behavior, and will create a ticket. It may be a while before we get to this. In the meantime, as faster/less frustrating workarounds for your workflow, I would suggest either using the keyboard shortcuts to enter/exit play mode (f5 or shift f5), or using the quickbar buttons.quickbarPlay

3 Likes