[Play Solo] Being able to pick your rig type

Support! :smiley:

1 Like

This feature has been added to studio for a while. No need to support this thread.

Lock would be welcome.

I can’t find the feature; where is it?

2 Likes

Game Settings > Avatar has all the avatar-related settings including rig type selection.

It says “Publishing the game to Roblox is required” but that’s not actually true, it’ll work without publishing too.

8 Likes

It was fun and games until…

Is this some kind of a joke?

24 Likes

Agree. I’m trying to scale R6 characters, but I can’t find any way to spawn as a fully functional R6 character without publishing my game. My character is set to R6, but I spawn in as R15. Not very cool.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m going to have to pitch in support for this. As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to test in Play Solo mode with the R6 rig if you do not publish. I should not be forced to use R15 and I should not have my options stripped from me as unfortunately shown a bit above.

This is an utterly sad workflow of needing to publish to be able to test R6 rigs. The option was available before and then it was suddenly ripped away. Just make the options that can’t be used without publishing unable to be set and allow the ability to modify other game settings.

I can just start a Local Server but Play Solo testing is far more convenient when I don’t need to simulate multiple clients at one time.

16 Likes

3 years later and it is still in the same state. How hard is it to just let us alter setting of local files without having to resort to hacky methods and scripts? In an ideal world things like RigType should be able to be set in studio in the properties of StarterPlayer.

3 Likes