Play test breaks when testing with multiple players

When pressing “Test” at the top then “Local Server” then “Start” (I have mine on 2 players) It completely breaks by having a separate window for the actual game screen and when you try to move (on the studio window) (wasd) or clicking and moving the camera moves on the game window but I cant move on the game window (wasd) I can only look around. I also cant do anything with the windows like trying to drag them back.

This might be something in the settings or something I did. I don’t know

YouTube video because it wont let me upload it here.
Roblox studio play test bug (YouTube)

I was messing around and it said “Rendering is paused for debugging…” but I can see the game window (Just not in studio). That tells me that I must have clicked something to get this thing to happen.

Its sometimes a black screen sometimes a grey screen and sometimes the rendering is paused screen.

Unless its just a bug.

System info (If you need):

Monitors: 2
Resolution: 1920 x 1080

I looked on the forums for something similar but couldn’t find anything.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. It sounds like a rendering issue, does this happen on one monitor setup?

For me it stays on one monitor (main) and I cant move it.

Its stuck in the top left corner.

When testing my game this bug happened but not in the local server play test the regular play test

I think its rare with the regular play test (It kept doing that until I restarted studio and never happened again)

this was around 2 days ago

This is layout corruption. We currently have a beta feature out (Updated Docking System) that is addressing it this. Please try it out and let us know if you continue experiencing this issue.

More info about this this beta feature can be found at the following link:
Docking Updates [Studio Beta] - Updates / Announcements - Developer Forum | Roblox

1 Like