Playback Region Editor - Visually edit playback region of any audio

With Playback Region Editor you can visually edit playback region of any audio player and sound instance. You can purchase it from Roblox Creator Store.

Features

• Timeline with time markers, zoom in and zoom out support (down to 0.25x and up to 5x)
  • A “Fill” feature to set the playback region to (min: 0, max: duration of the selected audio)
  • Audio playback, looping, and play from start
  • Dark and light theme synchronized with the Roblox Studio theme
  • Auto-save to ensure that work doesn’t get lost
  • Keybinds for performing actions quickly

Keybinds

• Space: Toggle playback on and off

• Shift + Space: Play from start

• Shift + L: Toggle looping on and off

Screenshots & Video

Video

Screenshots

License

Expand

Playback Region Editor is a proprietary software. You are not authorized to copy, modify, or distribute the plugin’s source code in whole or in part without my permission. Only people who purchased this plugin from the official source or obtained the plugin through me (see the note below), are permitted to use the plugin. Unauthorized copies will be taken down.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Note: Please understand that I put a lot of time and effort into my plugins, and I would like to get compensated for my work. If it’s not possible for you to purchase the plugin, because you either live in a country where transactions aren’t supported by Roblox, or you cannot afford the plugin due to unfortunate circumstances, please contact me via DevForum or Discord, and I will try to arrange a payment through an alternative payment processor, or gift the access to the plugin for free.

7 Likes

Wow!

What a great resource, another one to add to my collection! :smiley:

1 Like

Wait, how’d I miss this? This is really cool and should be part of Studio.

I would like to see a waveform display though, or even a spectrogram. Perhaps even a tool to align the loop points with a BPM - that’d be useful for dynamic music systems and such. But otherwise, this looks genuinely useful!

3 Likes

I tried making waveform display (hence why I left so much space), but I found that information required to make it, can only be obtained during playback via either PlaybackLoudness property of a Sound instance or through AudioAnalyzler instance. Additionally, I’m unsure yet on how to render the waveform, because creating thousands of frames is not ideal, and alternatives such as Path2D have hard limit of 51 points, and EditableImage has width and height limit. I’m open to any workarounds if you have any in mind.

Can you elaborate on how this works? I am quiet knew to designing tools around audio.

Thank you! Fusion is great, I used 0.3v build for this plugin.