Player continues to fall through all terrain and parts

1. What do you want to achieve?
    Simply perform general actions in both studio and playtest mode as normal.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    Player will fall through anything it comes in contact with, even terrain.
    Also, parts, upon being placed, will act as if there is nothing there.

robloxapp-20221123-1440248.wmv (1.7 MB)
This clip was made using Studio’s wonderful record feature, which records at 15 frames a second!

1. What solutions have you tried so far?
    Looking for backdoor scripts in plugins, searched all properties thoroughly.

Good thing I was basically at the start of developing my game. Everything was affected before this clip was made, and moving my assets to another place fixed the issue.

I am not entirely sure as to how this occurred, as none of the plugins I currently have are malicious. Has this happened to anyone else?

Ok. Guess people don’t care. That’s helpful.

Hey, this is a crazy idea. But maybe, just maybe. No one knows a solution to this?

SOO CRAZY RIGHT? It’s almost as if we aren’t software engineers at Roblox, and we don’t know what is causing this.

Anyway this sort of post belongs in Bug Reports, with a more indepth explanation of what has happened along with as much useful information.

My reply came off kind of harsh. I thought at least a few people would have experienced this.

Also, I am not at the “regular” rank yet, so this is really the closest category I can post this in.

It’s probably your collision groups. If the default collision group can’t interact with itself, then everything will fall. You can see your collision groups by opening the collision group editor in the “view” tab.

2 Likes

Thanks! I thought this issue was some rare bug, but I guess I accidentally did something with that.

1 Like

Sorry for the passive aggressiveness! I was overly rude for no actual reason and had just come from doing a lot of difficult work with painfully inexperienced people, Happy Developing!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.