Player count being obliterated by exploiter crashes

Here is an issue: The servers will full a list and remain that way for a while until a player comes along and exploits a server shutdown.

Server list can go from 100 to 22 in a matter of seconds, and the people in game always come to see Error 277.

Any ideas or potential causes on this issue?

Do you have any network objects that communicate from the client to the server resulting in a lot of work for the server?

Yes these would includes cars, however they’re transferred to the player once it is spawned. As far as gun effects go, there is no need for network objects because the guns effects run on local scripts.

Might be worth adding a flood check for the ones related to vehicles (if you believe that may be a source of the issue).

1 Like

What I would do is have a check to see how many requests are getting sent and if it’s over an amount you set then auto kick the user who did it and decline the requests. Basically like a rate limit for requests.

I had the same issue with a system I made where someone and the only real way I could fix it was to check how many requests. Only issue is with this you have to ensure the rate limit is fair and will not get lots of false ones which can be hard for some things if you need lots of requests.

From looking at the error and exploiters doing this either it’s a mass amount of requests to the server making the server crash or mass amounts of requests to the client from the server which crashes the client.

1 Like

or mass amounts of requests to the client crashing the client.

The client can only crash themself, not other clients. A client can cause the server to crash other clients but that’s not what you’re describing.

1 Like

Um no I never described that? What I am saying is there could be lots of requests sent to the client that would in return crash the client.

I never said that clients can crash other clients. That is not possible at all (unless somehow a request is sent from a client to the server and then to a different client).

I said that “mass requests to the client” can make the client crash making the “crashing the client”. I don’t see how that is not describing it?

In that case you should probably clarify the following statement better.

From looking at the error and exploiters doing this either it’s a mass amount of requests to the server making the server crash or mass amounts of requests to the client crashing the client.

1 Like

I will ensure to do that. I thought it was quite clear but I will re-word it to ensure that people understand.

According to that statement my problem may be with the mass amounts of request to the server making the server crash. Everyone is affected and the entire 100 player server can lose data to these glitches.

This is most likely just someone flooding your remote events. Consider adding a debounce for each player when they fire a remote event.

I have a tracker of remote events. Someone told me the exploit has to do with a user mass respawning themselves causing the reload properties to constantly run over and over.

How would they mass respawn themselves? Do you have a :LoadCharacter on a remote event that resets their character?

Roblox should try to add a patch to Injectors like if they could detect a player using an Injector then they would be kicked and then the account would be closely monitored

1 Like

If it was that easy, they would have already done it.

The Exploiters theirselves are using some way to crash the server itself, there’s been many reports of this similar to your issue, however unfortunately if I’m correct only ROBLOX can deal with the issue, the crashes are unstoppable even without Remote Events being used. Which is because they somehow are crashing it from outside of ROBLOX to prevent being detected (probably), to avoid getting a ban from the requests for ROBLOX’s site. These crashes happen in a instant and are undetectable even for remotes or scripts to catch which is bad, so the only option that would be available is to shorten the server counts inorder to make it harder for the Exploiter to crash servers individually. Hope this gives you clear understanding of what might be happening because I’ve experienced this many times for a game I work for.