Player Feedback Regarding Old Project. Should I Continue?

Greetings!

This project has been dormant for a while approx.

over a year now give or take. I am debating whether or not to continue, not only for my own willingness, but I am also wondering if there would be anybody with interest in seeing the finished project.

This is only a small section known as the Distiller in petroleum refining. It is a rather detailed build that needs to under-go for a optimizations, especially for unioning parts. I haven’t touched it nor retained any of the information I have learned for petroleum refining and I will have to relearn the process yet again and find out where all the pipes go, again. I would like for this to be a showcase but whether or not to continue is beyond me. I made a post regarding this a while ago for feedback and received excellent responses but I am unsure if it still remains the same. If I regained the motivation to work on said project, would there be those interested to see the finished product?

Look forward to hearing more about what others have to say. Thank you!

5 Likes

Yeah, you should work on it again. It’s a pretty cool large-scale project.

1 Like

Believe it or not, there is a community on Roblox that enjoys industrial systems like this, like that one realistic boiling water reactor simulator game. I’d say to go for it! Maybe you could get a scripter on board and make it into a game where you sell petroleum products.

1 Like

I lack the experience with coding let alone have the personal funding to get one on board, nor do I know anyone who’s even close to being able to put out an amateur script. Sadly I don’t think that would happen but I have considered a sandbox based tycoon in the past with procedurally generated pipes and placables but that is a dream of the past due to no coding experience. My entire time on studio has been between building and 3D Modeling. I draw blanks with code.