Player (R15) part Touch Events stop working when dead

Hello, started having the issue when the Player Part Touch events just don’t seem to work or provide feedback when they touch while on a dead state.
This only works when the player is Alive, it provides feedback when the player’s head touched something. When you die and fall to the ground into pieces, even when the head is bouncing around, it just won’t provide anymore touch feedback (or only in some very rare occasion, I dunno).

I want to get it to work with the R15 parts even when in dead state, I checked everything to see if the limbs don’t have canTouched but they do.
I thought it had something to do with my ragdoll script, so I tried it on a new place template and it still won’t work the way it is.
I’m also trying to get touch events to work locally.

If you want the scripts for whats going on with the Ui/Touch-event or anything else in the place, then this is all you’re gonna get:

repeat wait() until game.Players.LocalPlayer
repeat wait() until game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character

local char = game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character
local hum = char:WaitForChild("Humanoid")

hum.Died:Connect(function()
	script.Parent.status.Text="DEAD"
	script.Parent.status.TextColor3 = Color3.fromRGB(255,0,0)
end)

local function Notice()
	script.Parent.TextLabel.Text="HEAD TOUCHED!"
	script.Parent.Sound:Play()
	wait(.1) script.Parent.TextLabel.Text=""
end

char:WaitForChild("Head").Touched:Connect(function() --This just doesn't work after dying for some reason.
	Notice() --If touched then it'll provide feedback on the screen.
end)

Nothing wrong with the script obviously, its just supposed to provide feedback for when the head touches a part, but I’m just wondering if this could be an engine bug.
I tried my research but now I just have to ask here, would appreciate replies from you folks if you have any ideas on whats going on and if there’s a solution to get touch events to work, even when dead.

1 Like

Is the script inside StarterCharacterScripts?

1 Like

This is a local script.
This script is parented on a Screen Gui, I don’t think it would matter where else.

1 Like

It seems like it’s not working because the platform above your head is anchored.

1 Like

I don’t believe that part being anchored would be related.
The platform is there for the head to collide into, if I were to turn the player’s body upside down so the head can touch the baseplate, then it would work too.
But touch events will stop working when the player enters a dead state, this is the main issue of this whole problem that I can’t figure out.

I could’ve sworn this used to work a while ago, but now it doesn’t anymore?

2 Likes

I am having the same problem with an R6 ragdoll script. It used to work. Roblox just likes breaking entire games sometimes.

I accidentally found a “fix”, at least for myself: I (locally) welded an invisible part that’s a little bigger than the head, which is also positioned in the head too. I had the intention of making a separate touch event or hit box.

But for some reason, the limb touch events and the head included started working all of the sudden. It makes no sense why, but it does.

For your case it might be different considering its R6, I dunno. In my case with R15, the part’s head size depends on the scale of my character in order for it to work.
Although I’m not sure if it would work without having BreakJointsOnDeath = false either, it may be a specific fix.

Maybe after your character dies, you can set it to ‘false’ and apply the invisible weld part on the head, either on local or server side. Try doing something like that.

That’s a good workaround. I fixed it by using Roblox’s new shapecasts.