Player Sinking through Fast Moving Object

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want the player to stay on the hand when moving and not sink and fall
  2. What is the issue? Player is sinking through hand as seen in this video
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Ive tried changing to a while loop and switched to renderstep

Here Is the Code for the platform

Function = RunService.RenderStepped:Connect(function()
	local RootPart = Player.Character.LowerTorso
	local Ignore = Player.Character
	local ray = Ray.new(RootPart.CFrame.p,Vector3.new(0,-50,0))
	local Hit, Position, Normal, Material = workspace:FindPartOnRay(ray,Ignore)
	if Hit and Hit.Parent:FindFirstChild('Palm') or Hit.Parent.Parent.Parent:FindFirstChild('Palm') then
		if Hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("Palm") then
			Hit1 = Hit.Parent
			else
			 Hit1 = Hit.Parent.Parent.Parent
		end
		print(Hit)
		local Platform = Hit1
		if LastCFrame == nil then
			LastCFrame = Platform.Palm.CFrame
		end
			local PlatformCF = Platform.Palm.CFrame 
			local Rel = PlatformCF * LastCFrame:inverse()
			LastCFrame = Platform.Palm.CFrame
			RootPart.CFrame = Rel * RootPart.CFrame
		else
			LastCFrame = nil
		end
		Function2 = Player.Character.Humanoid.Died:Connect(function()
		Function:Disconnect()
		Function2:Disconnect()
		end)
		end)
``` This is my first post so sorry if I did anything wrong

No idea if this will fix it but try changing the event to Heartbeat, heartbeat runs right after every physics step

What you already have is the best you can do with allowing the player to move on the hand without welding.

You can use EgoMoose’s open-source Wall Stick Module. The reason it clips through is because you’re throwing it at a high speed.

@Q4_42 I don’t believe/think that would fix the issue? I might be wrong though :man_shrugging:

However, I do believe the issue is that since the object is moving at a very fast pace, since Roblox works (if I’m right) from the frames of the game/framerate with physics/etc.

Think of it as pictures on the screen, if you have high fps, you would of course have more frames/smoother/more visiblity.

Now if you had less frames, it would seem like its teleporting resulting in stuttery issues.

This is probably is whats happening, its not lag, but its probably fast velocity.

You may be able to fix this by temporarily increasing the raycast distance from top to bottom when the hand begins to change posistion rapidy (you can detect the difference in position by subtracting/other methods).

This in turn will allow your script to work with it while still catching up. Of course, this method is somewhat hacky I guess?

Last method I can think of is to move the humanoid relative to the character on the palm’s position.
Until of course you’re certain the raycast is hitting nothing but air/another part.