Player spawns at R15 but the game settings is set to R15

having this issue for A LONG TIME. seems like many developers also have this problem, AND ITS REALLY FRUSTRATING. roblox gotta do smth about it

anyways, the problem is self explanatory. basically the player rig type is set to R6 in game settings and 95% i spawn as R15 when testing. the other 5% i spawn as r6, but its really rare.

YES AND I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANYONE SAY oh there might be script interfering NO THERE ISNT
you can test it yourself

create a new baseplate
set rig type to r6 and save
play
YOULL SEE

OK so I have no idea how to force the player back to R6 so anyone give a script (EDIT: that works) that would be good

1 Like

There is and will be such a problem.
It is due to your poor internet connection. Roblox is trying to get your setup, whether you have R6 or R15. After unsuccessful attempts, it spaves the R15 rig as standard.

I realized this when I tested my R6 game with a bad connection, and with a good connection I had everything perfect.

Regarding the replacement of the rig. You have a variety of ways

1. Spawn an R6 StarterCharacter and apply Player Assets to it
  2. Kill the player and do a quick respawn.
  3. Create such a script when the player is spawned and fully loaded - Switching from R15 to R6 midgame - #6 by Valkyrop.

Wonder if Game Settings/Avatar/Avatar Type … would make a difference here in default rig type.

The title tells me theres no issue here

2 Likes