Player1 userId now 0, broke UserOwnsGamePassAsync

Ok, if I’m understanding this correctly, Roblox just changed Studio Player1’s ID from -1 to 0, causing UserOwnsGamePassAsync to error on them, while working on Player2 because their ID is now -1.

Any reason for this change? Player1 being -1 and Player2 being -2 made sense. Reason it affected me is because I call UserOwnsGamePassAsync on the player before spawning them, on a loop that checks for errors, to make sure they spawn with the items they paid for.

Of course I can just check if their userId == 0 and skip doing UserOwnsGamePassAsync, but that kinda sucks because I can’t test GamePasses properly now on Player1. It just slows down my testing process for no reason, unless there is a good justification for making their userId 0.

If I’m just doing something wrong and this isn’t a bug let me know!

For reference the error text is: [The specified user does not exist!]

4 Likes

Hi!

We’ve just disabled the feature that does this. Can you verify that it stopped happening? (You’ll need to close Studio and reopen.) Thanks for reporting!

1 Like

Yes, it’s fixed, can we get more context on what caused it though?

3 Likes

Sure thing (It’s basically a mistaken). In Studio, I made an incorrect assumption that 0 was not used, so I mistakenly changed it to start from 0 instead.

4 Likes