Player:Kick() documentation is considerably outdated

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/Player/Kick

The Player:Kick() documentation in the dev hub seems a little outdated. There are some issues that I will be addressing here

1. Typo & incorrect default message

In the screenshot I’ve provided below, you can see that in the first red box it says ##Example which I believe is a typo, I think the person making this meant to make it a subtitle

Also, the default message and red bar are outdated; this message is no longer the case, a modern kick screen would instead say “Unspecified reason” if no reason is provided

(Current):

1. Outdated console screenshot

Not necessarily a major issue but I just want to put it out there that the photo provided in the documentation shows the old console; this is not the case anymore, as the dev console was changed

6 Likes

Hey, thanks for the report. Just flagged it to the team and they’ll get to it when they can.

9 Likes

Unsure exactly when this was updated, but nevertheless, thanks for the fix! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Bumping because none of these have been fixed yet

1 Like

It’s hilarious how even the new documentation (Roblox Creator Documentation) still has these very outdated pictures. Lol.

1 Like

Can confirm; this is an issue on the new Creator Documentation as well. Exact same typo and everything

3 Likes

Hey everyone, just a quick heads up, we updated the documentation here. Closing out the thread!