Player.MembershipType is set to BuildersClub in a Local Server

When testing in a Local Server (Not Play Solo) in Studio, my MembershipType is set to BuildersClub even though Builder’s Club has been replaced by Roblox Premium.

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 23.25.09

This shows in the Playerlist as well.

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 23.23.37

To reproduce, simply start a Local Server in any place in Studio. If you need one, here is the empty baseplate I used: MembershipType Bug.rbxl (17.9 KB)

I’m unsure of when this first starting happening, I first noticed it in Studio around 30 minutes ago and was able to reproduce it in two different places. I do have a Premium membership.

Specs

ScreenShot

13 Likes

I can confirm that this is happening to me as well
Place1 - Roblox Studio 31_12_2020 11_50_50 pm

Windows 10
Inspiron 14 5000 (Dell)
Intel Core i7 10th Gen

2 Likes

Quick question, did you have builders club before and never cancelled your subscription?

This sometimes happens to me, but it was OBC, not regular BC. However, before Roblox changed it from Builders Club to Premium, I had an active subscription of OBC.

Therefore, like @LucasTutoriaisSaimo asked, it probably hasn’t yet changed from one of the three BC logos to Roblox Premium on Roblox Studio.

1 Like

Só you never had a period of time WITHOUT bc after the premium release?

Sometimes my Premium subscription ended and I didn’t activate it again for months, but I hadn’t tested it in Roblox Studio during this time.

1 Like

It seems there may be a glitch with Builders Club, as @TwyPlasma shows it happening only 7 days ago as of this post.
Also if you notice, Builders Club ads are appearing.

Seems old Builders Club things are popping up, so it must be a glitch unless Roblox was bringing back BC (which the chances of that are so low).

2 Likes

It seems like this BC ads thing has been happening ever since premium got announced.

2 Likes

It had a major increase recently, you can likely find about it in yt.

1 Like

No. I bought it once in 2019 but I cancelled it immediately after I bought it so that I would not forget to cancel.

Roblox is almost definitely not bringing back BC, as it doesn’t really match the new theme Roblox is going for.

Since the change from BC to Premium, there have been multiple things that Roblox has forgotten to change.

However, over time, since Roblox has fixed most of these bugs, so this bug will also most likely be fixed soon.