Players are suddenly getting kicked from my game at random intervals for "Timed out"

I haven’t gotten any screenshots of the kick message but lately my players have started being kicked randomly for “Security Time out”. There’s a output on the console (Security timeout for userid x) and i tried to find as much resources as I could in this category but nothing was concrete enough to help me figure out why this happens. Is there a reason roblox does this sort of thing?

Seems to only have started happening suddenly from this last roblox update as I haven’t updated anything in the game for a week. This only seems to happen to one or two people since I don’t experience it and the majority of my players don’t experience it, it only seems to be a specific problem.

I have checked for backdoors in all three places in the game and my plugins with no results.

Is there a script that so happens to include the Kick function somewhere?

Try getting rid of scripts, test, repeat, maybe it is a virus kr something

There’s a handful but I’ve ruled these out since most of them are in disabled scripts, and the only other one only happens when the player joins the a place and their data doesn’t load properly, but i’ve checked the cases above and all of these players had their data load perfectly fine.

This is far easier said then done. The kick only happens to a very small amount of people which doesn’t include myself. I’ve already checked for viruses, backdoors, or any sort of malicious items but have found nothing.

There is a thread on this in bug reports see:

Hopefully, this can help you with a little bit of information, but you’re definitely not the only one.

1 Like

I’m going to write this off as an engine problem for now and hope that Widgeon is right in saying it’s a false positive for players around physics interactions, which my game has a lot of. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

1 Like

I have never seen this “security timeout” happen to me for a long time, but I’ve seen it in 2022 on some slow servers.

When I used to experience this all the time in 2020, I found that the client did not freeze immediately, and it almost looked like the client was disconnected from the network and parts from the server were frozen in mid-air. I still want to know if this is happening on other types of client connections, such as the mobile apps, the XBOX consoles, and Roblox for Mac. I only experienced them on my PC, but that’s probably just because I only used my PC for testing.

I also think this issue complies to the client more than the server.

Hey! Sorry to hear about the problems after the update. Will it be possible to provide us the placeID for your experience?

Apologies for the late reply. The placeID of the place that appears to have this problem is 6211627243. I haven’t had any reports of the problem since about a day after posting this thread, but I can’t know for sure.