Players can go through walls at corners

This is a pretty well-known glitch. Multiple players who don’t know each other knew how to do this.

Steps to repro:

1. Walk up to a corner in third person.
  2. Press your face against the wall you want to clip through.
  3. Point your camera as high up as it can go in the direction opposite of the corner.
  4. Hold S so that your character is trying to walk into the corner.
  5. Zoom in all the way into first person so that your character quickly flips to facing the other direction.
7 Likes

Does this only happen with thin walls or will it work on thicker ones too?

3 Likes

Step 5 is a lot easier by toggling shift-lock instead of zooming in quickly :^)

2 Likes

Has been done repeatedly on my game with walls of 1.4 thickness of that’s anything to go by.
This didn’t happen before PGS was turned on in my game, now my cars flip and people walk through walls.
As for the instructions, if a wall is 0.4 or less you don’t even need a corner, just run at the wall for a while to get through.

@32bitPC wrote a script in one of his WIP projects that detects when users attempt to use this exploit glitch. I dunno how he checks it or how accurate it is, but I know that it does work.

No exploit required, I can do it without any additional tools, same for the original instructions.

Ah crap, I used “Exploit”, didn’t I. I’ll edit that. I personally meant it as “an abuse with the system” (That’s what an exploit is)

Anyone remember this way back in 2009 or so? People would put lava on the other side of corners so players would die if they tried to corner glitch through walls :P

10 Likes

This can also be used to go through walls not just corners, but the walls have to be around 1 stud thickness

You were right in saying it was an exploit, Xan.
An exploit is defined by an action that gives the user an unfair advantage.

This issue still exists. This is a very common glitch in my game that I have to do crazy workarounds (placing 3 parts in the corners of each door) just to avoid it.

2 Likes

Many games have big problems with this, it needs to be patched.

1 Like

With my game having many secrets, players are going through the walls and sharing the secrets to other players. This seems to not happen to just only corners now, but any decently thin wall.

I am not sure if this is related either, but they did glitch in this way and they are able to easily clip their camera through.

Screenshot_7992

friend’s picture, I pixelated the secret message.

1 Like

This is exactly what this topic is talking about :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s actually much more simple than you think to circumvent this, though it can be tedious. What I’ve found best is to, I kid you not, place tiny, invisible cylinders in each corner.

(I’ve changed the transparency so you can see.)

Putting these on corner will prevent people from glitching out on them and should solve most issues. As long as the cylinder covers the edge, it will prevent corner glitching.

This is unrelated to this topic, but I have a solution for it. Players can use shiftlock while on a while to look through it. However, a player’s arm is only 1 stud thick, so they can only see 1 stud into the wall. If you place a thin wall, after a 1 stud wall, players will not be able to see through anymore.

You can see this effect here:
ANTI_SHIFTLOOK

8 Likes