Player's character position is different on server than on client

I know that there is a slight lag from the client to server in terms of the player’s position, but that is not what is happening here.

Basically, every time a tool is equipped, the character’s position appears in this one specific place on the server no matter where the player is on the client. This is affecting the HumanoidRootPart CFrame readings on the server.

Even after spawning in and not moving an inch, if I equip the tool, the server shows the player being in this position, even though they aren’t there on the client.

Here are images depicting this:

How it appears on the client:

How it appears on the server:

This only happens after equipping the sword and the player does not move on the client at all. The handle and model of the tool are both Unanchored and Non-collidable, so I’m not sure why the player is appearing there.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

is the tool’s model/handle welded to the dummy’s hand for whatever reason?

This might help you a lil, I made a lil list for you so you:

1. Check the “Parent” property of the tool on the client and server. Make sure that the tool is being parented to the correct object on both the client and server.
  2. Check the “NetworkOwnership” property of the tool. This property determines which player “owns” the tool and should be responsible for updating its position and state. Make sure that the correct player owns the tool.
  3. Check if there are any scripts or plugins that might be interfering with the tool’s behavior. Try disabling any other scripts or plugins to see if the issue persists.
  4. Check if there are any errors or warnings in the output window that might indicate a problem with the tool or its behavior.

Thank you to those who replied, after experimenting with your solutions I have found the answer.

It turns out, the tool was being unanchored in a runtime script on the client, meaning that on the server it was still behaving as if it was anchored. I moved this to the server but below would have also been a valid solution. Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.