Players experience sharp lag spikes followed by a crash in Adopt Me

Reproduction Steps

Reproduction steps:

1. Join the Adopt Me Roblox game
  2. Load in past the initial menus and pop-ups and leave your house.
  3. Travel through the tunnel to get to the main Adoption Island. (The tunnel is marked by a red “Exit” sign you can see from anywhere inside the neighborhood.
  4. Wander around the map.
  5. (Optional) Enter/Leave buildings such as the Pizza Shop (The Pizza Shop is located to the right after exiting the tunnel.

Direct link:

System information:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
64GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

Expected Behavior

We expect players to not lag and then crash while in our game.

Actual Behavior

Players will run into a lag spike, and Roblox will crash.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Sometimes
A private message is associated with this bug report

Hey @Came0w, are you still receiving reports of this issue occurring? We have been unable to reproduce this on our end, on PC or mobile.

1 Like

You should report this to the developers. Engineers can’t do much here.

1 Like

It appears that the players that originally reported the crashing are no longer running into this, and I am not seeing any new reports of players crashing.

I appreciate the response!

2 Likes

that reported the crashing? did you even try to reproduce it before reporting?

The reproduction steps are in the post. Don’t think you realise (cc @2jammers) but OP is a developer for Adopt Me. They created this bug report based on crash reports and reproduction steps that were leading up to the crash.

1 Like

as in reproduction steps i mean by the developer themselves trying to recreate the crash

Since things are working now, maybe not much to add, except to ask if the service outage today had any bearing on this? The only reason I ask, I had to put “lag” checks into my game when the roblox server CPU spikes (either because the service is very busy or maybe a bug in my game is causing this I’ve never seen before) as I’ve seen during very busy roblox service, it can affect all the games across the service and if any of them are real-time calculation heavy like mine, results in weird side effects, lag as seen by players, etc.