Players Istantly leaving my game. FEEDBACK?

Here are some examples of horror - type lighting that i’ve created. My suggestions:

Use PointLights and SpotLights mainly for lighting. Surface lights are sometimes okay. Keep most brightness settings on lights fairly low, not low to the point where it’s hard to see, but low to where it just looks nicer, such as 0.5 typically.
These are some really good light settings to use in indoor-style horror games.
Also, be sure to set the TimeOfDay to night time. It helps much even with indoor environments.
A higher density atmosphere can also do wonders.

1 Like

I just tried it again, works now. No idea what it didn’t before. :thinking:

QOL testing. :wink: I always check to see if a developer hides accessories in first person view or not. Some players have so many accessories on they can’t even see where to go in first person. :rofl:

its bland

Maybe this’ll help: StarterGui | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

I did another playthrough a few minutes ago, and I just now noticed that you don’t receive the rooms key when it was bought from Jeff’s shop. It takes your coins but doesn’t give you the key in return.

so what you are saying is i should use atmospheres?

also i am having this super weird bug with a tool for no reason… this is extremely annoying

1 Like

uh… well okay thanks i will look into it

oh okay… but it looks goofy yaknow?

You are in luck (all of us), Roblox is finally going to fix this in core code. No mare hacks for us, so this won’t be an issue for you in the near future. :grinning:

1 Like

Players leave games and dislike games that look crappy, heres some reasons yours looks crappy

1. HD ADMIN

2. No custom Hotbar

3. Looks like all assets are stolen and you just copy another game

4. The tablist

5. The advertisments and horrible coding
    (Like man, its not that hard to code a elevator sequence)

6. Your entire game is pregenerated, Doors is generated as you go with some rooms being pregenerated, such as room 30, 50, 100.

3 Likes

Honest feedback from a normal player

Want to put a quick disclaimer, as I am sure you are great person, this is simply my honest opinion on the game. Take this as criticism to improve your game and don’t take it to heart. If you truly want to make an amazing game I guarantee you have the potential to do so, just understand games take time and effort. It’s whether or not you are willing to put in that time and effort it takes to make a game. Wish you well, take care. :+1:

For context, your entire game feels like a complete rip off from doors. Just with random levels and poorly scripted models, Some UI looks good while others look completely out of place, when the first things you see is the weird loading screen and HD admin it immediately makes everyone assume this is another trashy cash grab trying to be the next doors when putting little to no effort.

Please, if you are going to make a game and want to know why everyone is leaving it. Do not add models and assets that make the game feel rushed, poorly made, and a cash grab.

2 Likes