Players leave instantly the game | Need feedback

Hello!!

So 2 days ago I started an sponsor campaign on a game and noticed while playing around in the game that a bunch of bacon haired avatars join and leave the game, thus taking the average playtime down. The game was mainly advertised to everyone then last day I targeted 13-17 on mobile.

I wanna know what I can do better in this game to help retain players.
(average playtime for returning players is around 11 min while new players is 3)

P.S I know there’s too many simulators on the platform but I still see many NEW ones popping off and doing really good.

Game link: 🍕Food Launch Simulator - Roblox

Thank you!!

2 Likes

HI!

Sorry It took so long, I decided it would be in my best interest to entirely complete the game the game before I made any input on what should be changed and/or adjusted.

To kickstart the list of things that should be changed (which was hard to decide on), I would strongly recommend using math.round() / math.floor() / math.ceil() when dealing with client interface.

image34

image5 (number being added)

Another small, and not very crucial thing i’d recommend is fixing minor UI bugs;

imageShould be Robux (or another way to label, 0 power makes it feel free

imageMaybe fix the overlapping of it, it feels like it’s not sized and anchored correctly.

And lastly, I strongly urge you to add more gameplay content as I was able to complete most of the objectives within the first 15-20 minutes of playing the game. Aura’s are relatively easy to unlock and overall is mostly just an afk-game. I would recommend adding more eggs; balancing; more auras; quests?; and other numerous activities / events for the player to be able to use.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this message!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback! I appreciate it and I have a lot of things on the to do list, which I can’t start to do since the game doesn’t retain new players for more than half a minute (15seconds being loading in). I want to fix that first but got no clue how or why do new players leave so fast

Another great way to increase initial player engagement and gameplay time is to fix the loading screen. The current loading screen doesn’t capture the high level of engagement the rest of the game does.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Yeah for the loading screen I was trying to do a “web programming” approach so it’s all created on client when running haha. Bad experiment

Any ideas how to make the game less confusing for new players?

Honestly, I strongly recommend adding a tutorial, maybe interactive and reward giving. People always love rewards!