Playing games in ROBLOX Studio

When trying to play games in ROBLOX studio, I am redirected to http://www.roblox.com/Download, even if the ROBLOX player is already installed.

Repro steps:

1. Open ROBLOX Studio
  2. Go to a game’s page
  3. Hit the play button

Relevant image:

This happened to me pretty recently, I re-installed studio and it worked just fine.

I get, windows XP SP3, default browser is Firefox

Could it be a bad cookie or something? there has to be a better way than completely reinstalling (Which didn’t work for me last time this bug arose, making me not want to try it now), and this bug has been here before, and is back now.

[quote] When trying to play games in ROBLOX studio, I am redirected to http://www.roblox.com/Download, even if the ROBLOX player is already installed.

Repro steps:

1. Open ROBLOX Studio
  2. Go to a game’s page
  3. Hit the play button

Relevant image:

[/quote]

What OS are you using? I don’t seem to have that happen here. Are you navigating to the standard website via Studio or switching to classic view?

I’m using Windows 7 and I’m switching to classic view.

What version of Studio are you using?

Happens to me as well.

Default browser: Chrome
Studio version:

This used to happen to me periodically. The only way I could join games was either through a different browser, or the command line.

What fixed it for me was to manually update my browser. The auto-update apparently wasn’t very fast…

That, or I just waited it out for several days/weeks and it would fix itself. Reinstalling the plugin, Studio or the Player never did anything.

[quote] Happens to me as well.

Default browser: Chrome
Studio version:

[/quote]

I have the same version as Lilly.

[strike]I use Windows 8 with the default browser of Internet Explorer, same studio version.
It was also brought up 6 months ago (http://developer.roblox.com/forum/studio-bug-reports/9530-clicking-play-game-using-studio-redicts-you-to-download-roblox), but I have no clue if it was ever fixed.[/strike]

Edit: :uhhh: And, now it is working… right when I posted this. Shall I check my Windows 7 ASUS computer? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote] I just had a machine that could repro this, and after installing a fresh Studio on it, it went away. This could be happening if you have an outdated Studio that hasn’t updated yet. When you re-installed did you go through the usual process of actually going to Control Panel and uninstall?

If this fails you can try one more thing:
Go to Regedit and under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/ delete any folder that has Roblox on it. WARNING: This will reset all of your settings to default!!! Be careful editing the registry. Deleting the wrong things could be bad bad bad bad. [/quote]

I remember having this issue before, it comes and goes, it has been gone for a while now, but when i had the problem, i tried everything, uninstalling roblox, removing ANYTHING related to roblox on my computer, even re formatting my computer, but it didn’t work then xD.

It fixed it self.