Playtesting in studio sometimes changes tab layout

Edit: Apologies for posting in wrong bug section, this is intended to be in ‘Studio Bugs’.

Sometimes when performing a local test session in studio, the layout of my tabs (specifically ‘Toolbox’ and ‘Asset Manager’) will be affected.
My preferred layout:

Layout messed up after playtesting within studio:

I believe this is due to ‘Toolbox’ and ‘Asset Manager’ being hidden during gameplay, but on occasion it will confuse studio when trying to restore the windows back to normal.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Hi @ZacAttackk, can you please try to enroll in the Updated Docking System beta feature and see if this issue is still reproducible for you?

I’m using the Updated Docking System, and i get this issue as well. It only started happening with the new docking system. Its more common when swapping between places.

Hi @PIayanad, can you please post a video of your issue? The screenshots and videos in this post are of the old docking system and we would like to know how similar/different your specific issue is.

We had to disable one fix in Studio because it was causing other issues. A new fix which will address both of the issues is supposed to get rolled out in the Studio release that is after the next release.

Alright, here’s a video of me swapping between places. I also tried to re-create it happening after play testing, but I could not get it to do that.

I think you may have the Faster Play Solo beta feature enabled. Can you please try to turn it off and see if you’re still seeing this issue?

1 Like

Yes i do have Faster Play Solo enabled. Disabling it seems to have fixed the issue for me.

Got it. Thank you for letting us know. @ZacAttackk, can you please check if you also have Faster Play Solo enabled and see if you can still repro this issue?

1 Like