Please help i don't understand what's wrong with money

You’re supposed to fill out the post template, not just post it as-is xD

3 Likes

Okay first, you need to show your script, explain what’s wrong. Explain what’s supposed to happen and pretty much explain the video if you could.

3 Likes

200 gold should come from the chests, so when I spend 1000 money, I have 0 money left. When I touch the chest there should be 200 gold, but he returns the starting money and adds 200 to it.

Which scripts should I show? :melting_face:

i don’t know how scripted it was since you did not show anything about it, but i assume you can do it like this…
right after player touches the chest, Get Player’s coin value and add 250 into it.

did you use Local script to discount the money spent by the player?

scripts i use

show the script where the player loses the Cash for buying that stuff from shop

You may want to read this first.

First, please don’t take a video of your gameplay if you’re looking for script support. You can simply copy and paste them between ```.

1. Go to your code.

2. Select the block of code you need help with.

3. Copy it using Ctrl+C, then paste it here, between these: ```
    It should look like this:

4. Next, explain in detail what your issue is, example:

• My code is supposed to add gold to the player but it does not. Does anyone know why? Here’s my code.
  1. Please: Do not send an image of your code. We can’t copy text from it. Apple probably can, but most of us use Windows.

Read that ^, then post your codes, so that we can help you:

• The code you’re using to handle the shop.
  • The code that runs when a chest is touched.

cc0425bb477544852de81902ec454bd9a320de04_2_690x405

This is the chest code I used, as you can see, I coded it to get 200 gold when tapped, but every time I buy a chest, it comes back to my starting money.

my opinion i think there might be a problem with Leaderstats

These are my shop scripts, I didn’t write them, I put them in the game as a ready-made script, if this is causing a problem, how can I solve it?

I don’t know who wrote them but that way of declaring variables is bizarre.

I’m pretty sure you can’t change leaderboard values using a LocalScript. Consider using a Script instead.

Also, again, if you did not read what I wrote, please put your code in codeblocks, not a screenshot.

ok i will send the author but i don’t understand where is the problem right now, what do you want to see or what do you suggest, i will assign you that scrpti. (sorry if i’m being rude, i’m getting help from translation as my english is not very good)