Please help with device type support

Hi, I have struggled to detect device type.
Is there a way for me to detect the device? cause some of my friends were not mobile and it still detects as mobile. So please is there any other way to detect device type other then keyboard enable or touchscreen enable or whatever

Unfortunately, robox has not added an API to easily obtain a player’s device type yet. Many people, including myself, think that a more legitimate way of getting a player device, should be added in the future. But for now, we have to make due with tactics like this one, that rely on the little bit of info we are provided with:

1 Like

Oh ok thanks But i think i’ve tried that method before but it still detect mobile even thou they not but they dont use touch screen or mouse.

1 Like

The method I posted should work pretty consistently, but it is not guaranteed. I hope roblox adds a solution like this, so that we don’t have to worry about it anymore. You can also just ask the player what their device type is, when they join the game via a GUI, and hope that they are honest. I would only resort to this, though, if knowing what a player’s device type is, is crucial to your game working.

1 Like