Please, oh please, can I just keep these old icons?

it doesn’t solve the problem. It simply edits the organization of the icons.

3 Likes

It does solve the problem though? Click the arrow, then Customize..., search “device”, click the first result, click Add >> and then click OK. Done.

1 Like

Ah, my bad, I didn’t see him reply to the screenshot above him.

Found out how to do it myself:

3 Likes

I don’t like how the better DPI handling is attached to the icon changes too in the Beta features list. I really don’t understand why… I just want my monitor to work properly but I need to use the new icons in order to have it function properly? Kinda frustrating

I think this is a great idea.

One way old icons could be enabled is with an option in settings, like “Use legacy icons” or something along those lines.

I really miss the old icons and am finding it difficult to use the new ones; I’m just used to the original ones by now.

5 Likes

I like the new icon design, but i despise the way it affects color recognition. I feel like ROBLOX is trying to follow the simplistic design trend, but the way ROBLOX thinks about how their updates will affect their community needs to change IMO.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think they are a massive step up from the old icons (except the black icons, please say that’s a bug)! Also the icons come from the Silk Icons Pack, which are a set of stock icons. They are free to use, but ask for attribution. Iirc, Roblox has given no attribution to the people behind them, which could be a problem.

i am now stuck with these icons that in my opinion look very very ugly. where is the option to disable this…?

3 Likes

I am so sick of these icons it’s infuriating not being able to switch to the old ones

2 Likes

Developers should be able to switch to the PREVIOUS icons and the NEW icons freely.

2 Likes

check if you have more than one Roblox Studio installed. For a while at least, one of them had the old icons and the other had the new ones.

If that doesn’t work, make sure you’re not in the beta channel by opening Studio and going to File>Beta Features and unchecking “Enroll in Beta Channel”.

If none of that works out, you can at least use a custom icon pack now. I use one called Vanilla 3 which is free.

It is fully possible to override the icons now with your own icon set, and some people have already published the old icons set up this way in #resources:community-resources .

2 Likes

please, im begging. I thought it was a bug at first, but its been this way for months…

The best workaround at the moment for this is to do the following:

Select the dropdown arrow by the icons above the ribbon bar and next to the “File” dropdown and select “customize” at the bottom

Then, search for “Device” (for mobile device emulation) and “UI visibility” in the search box on the left, click the result, click “add”, check the box on the item that appears on the right, then click “OK”.

The buttons will appear on the bar above the ribbon bar next to the file button.

It’s annoying they have to be up there but this is an adequate workaround, for me at least.

You can also bind a keyboard shortcut to these actions if you like by selecting File>Advanced>Customize Shortcuts… and searching for the same things you searched for when adding the buttons to the bar above the ribbon bar.

1 Like

I honestly find the new icons confusing, its kinda hard to find the things I want to find, everything looks so greyish… I don’t know its just unfamiliar.
If there is a way to use the old icons I dont know how to do it :sweat_smile:

I’m also having massive confusion with the values, But there’s many old icons resources, Just search “Old icons” in community resources.

1 Like

Still waiting for this. Its really inconvenient to have to switch tabs back and forth

1 Like

I think it is due to that the old icons themselves are not able to be DPI aware, they would be blurry because there is no higher resolution versions of the icons.

1 Like

Sorry for bumping, but i have found a way a while ago; if you want to switch back to old icons, here: [experienced pc user skill required] How to revert to the old Roblox Studio icons (working as feb 24, 2023)

(pinging those people who i think want to see this)