Please reintroduce the refresh button to the Asset Manager

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too complicated to refresh your assets in the Asset Manager.
Right now you need to completely close down studio and re-open it to see moderation changes.
The Game widget used to have a refresh button:

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it’ll speed up the overall workflow (especially in Team Create, where individuals can upload content too which will be invisible until restart for others).

21 Likes

Hi there, I’m not 100% sure I fully understood your concern, so please let me know if I’m answering the wrong question.

I believe the issue you are facing is already solved for meshes. When Studio detects that a mesh request failed because of pending moderation, it will re-try to fetch the mesh until it has either been approved or denied.

If you are dealing with this issue for other asset types, I also have good news. We have very recently completed work on addressing this issue for all assets. There are some final bits of testing remaining to do on the fix, but expect an announcement for tis in the coming weeks.

This will mean that you will no longer need to restart studio to get assets after they have been moderated, studio should reload them automatically (they will just “pop” into existence in the 3d view).

4 Likes

Hi there!

That’s perfect. :smiley:
It’s basically my suggestion, but automated!

Thank you for your response.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.