Please remove the "It’s been a while since we’ve seen xyz — their last post was 5 months ago"

I’m not sure why - but there is this new distracting banner that has began to re-appear on the forum since the latest update of the forum software. Usually Discourse has this feature enabled by default, but historically it has been disabled on this forum until a few days ago:

This banner is distracting and pops attention to the posts even when they should not be. It sort of mimics the “Acknowledged by Roblox” banners some posts have.

In addition, some of these banners are in blue, while some are the same background color. It’s really not a huge deal, but it’s a bit distracting on the forum and I don’t see a real purpose.

Am I the only one who this is happening to? Or can anyone else repro?

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

UPDATE:

This is a feature locked to TL2 for some reason. I’m moving this to a #forum-help:forum-features as I don’t think this should exist at all, I’d like to see it removed as it’s distracting. If it stays, it should probably be enabled for everyone then. I don’t see why this needs to be locked behind TL2.

5 Likes

I do not see this happen to me, nor I can find any reproductions

Can you name your device?

1 Like

This happens to me on Windows 11 and Ubuntu 20.04.

Post in question:

1 Like

Don’t think that this is a bug. I’ve seen those around here quite a bit. It should be disabled imho.

1 Like

Is it a forum setting or something?

I have only just recently started seeing them - at most 1 week ago.

Keeping this in the bugs category for now as I’m not sure why it just enabled for me recently.

2 Likes

This is very weird behavior - I’ll move this over to #forum-help:forum-features in the meantime, but this should either be disabled for TL2 as well or enabled for everyone as the barrier does not make sense.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting the feedback!

This was disabled a couple days ago by @LuaCow.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 8 days. New replies are no longer allowed.