Please Revert the "Friend Activity" Update

Hi,

is Firefox support planned? Also, where can we download this I don’t see the download link.

3 Likes

Still in created order for me.

Seems like they fixed it in the time since.

2 Likes

This change is back. And now, when I opened Roblox home page, it just became 50% like this:

Roblox, if you can’t do things normally, at least try to look what people here suggested, I think even this banner can do much better if it will be moved like on this picture:

5 Likes

Not at the moment, but for the download link it usually comes up as the first result when googling “Roblox Better Friends Visited”

1 Like

That’s horrible… I like the update because it catches my eye and as a resultt I have found so many new games to play.

2 Likes

bumping this, please do revert this, or atleast make it a toggle.

2 Likes

And the rest of us hate it for that exact same reason. Usually, when there’s a bad update, I’ll just suck it up. But this one is so horrible I had to make this to request to have it gone forever.

5 Likes

What if you wanted to see the current amount of players, but Roblox said FRIEND ACTIVITY

In all seriousness, I really would love to know who thought this would be a good idea. In my opinion, it just makes the home page look messy and unorganized. Doesn’t seem like Roblox plans on reverting it, however, so we might be stuck with it.

3 Likes

I think that’s because this post is in favor of removing it - and so it doesn’t catch the attention of someone wanting to keep the change. :sweat_smile:

How many friends do you have that play games with 0 players? Is it really that important?

1 Like

This and including the new Discover, are the worst of the worst. I basically have no idea what they were thinking, they keep reverting and applying this ugly friend activity tag which shows games that have been played weeks ago by my friends, and I don’t even know which one did, and it doesn’t even show the player number (or how it’s called). By far one of the worst revamp.

Edit: as said by OP, Player count.

i dont like it myself because this removes possibility to play other games my friends find that are potentially quality ones and this Friend Activity is just literally placed in the worst position possible.
this is why were against it. instead of it being qol feature, its just a nuisance.

2 Likes

When this rolled out to me it PUSHED games my friends played FORWARDS in my MOST RECENT tab completely nullifying the whole point of the most recent tab,
I still have games i played years ago lingering around in my most recent tab .

3 Likes

Yeah, the tab for me has been going back and forth a lot for some reason, thought that was just me.

3 Likes

Honestly, I don’t know why Roblox even thought to add this as a update anyway. There was already a Friend Activity tab, why take that away? They don’t need to merge it into other categories. This update is pretty much useless and adds nothing than adding a annoying grey tab under a game with text nobody is probably gonna read anyways.

imo Roblox should ask for developer/community feedback before removing and adding a feature for the Roblox website

3 Likes

Roblox claims this is related to the “efficiency” of game discovery. It seems a lot to me like the purpose of this change is to give the user less direct control over what they see in favor of having to use Roblox’s discovery algorithm which selectively promotes content

5 Likes

Thankfully, it was updated to be less eye catching, but I’d still like the statistics back.

5 Likes

I think the best solution for roblox is for them to do it like this:
anyone else agree? (this is an edited image btw)

9 Likes

Looks like it’s glitched the whole layout of some of my games in the process.

1 Like

Hi, @xoroshoh.
Could you look into this feature request?

There is another feature request related to this one, I highly recommend checking it out:

Additionally, there are various developer discussions related to this if you wish to seek more developer input.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,
Reditect

1 Like