Pls help me with a wall stick script

hello developers i need help with scripting a wall stick/wall hop like in the 2018 egg hunt, i think i know how to make every thing else BUT that is the thing i don’t know how to make if you could help me out that will be very helpful

so pls help me.
your friend teyougin.

I don’t remember exactly what that stick-effect was like, but one way could be to utilize the player character´s :Touched event.

If the player is touching a “valid” wall, you then remove/diminish gravity/do whatever your effect requires. I might be totally off, but simply reducing the gravity should maybe be able to produce a similar effect to Titanfall 2’s wall running system.

You will of course need to make some adjustments to controls as the character may not be able to move as intended without the ground to stand on.

Hopefully this may be a start

what is Titanfall 2’s wall running system i have never heard of it is it good?

I found it enjoyable at the very least. It’s most likely the same as Apex Legends if you’ve played that (I haven’t, but I’ve heard it should be the same/similar).

If that still didn’t explain it, basically the following:
If you jump onto a wall you can run along the wall but your speed diminishes for ever taken step (most likely time-based rather than step based). If your speed falls below the minimum speed you fall off. If you jump while on a wall you receive a speed boost and you jump farther.

never mind i just thought of a way to make it work i will try it tomorrow when i get a chance to work on my game, if it does work i will let you know, but knowing me it won’t work.

Maybe have a look at @EgoMoose’s wall walking controller:
https://www.roblox.com/library/3260504030/Wall-walking-character-controller?Category=Models&SortType=Relevance&SortAggregation=AllTime&SearchKeyword=wall+walking&CreatorId=0&Page=1&Position=6&SearchId=9ed530ae-9214-4229-bb9e-1794b17c46e0
I saw some comments that it doesn’t work anymore, but I know it worked well when you followed the devforum post provided in the description. Try the game first to see if it does what you want.

2 Likes

Please do!
Don’t forget to mark your explanation as the solution if it worked.

i tried that before but it makes it so on moble you can’t jump
i don’t know why

wait i remember you from the ad post i made you are very helpful

okay will do :smile: :smiley: :smiley:
you are very nice :grin:

If you’re on about yolktakes it’s most likely raycasting everytime you press spacebar after already jumping. It raycasts forwards by around 2-3 studs and if it detects a wall it makes sure it’s a valid wall, If it is then a bodyposition is added to the player and then using ray normal to make player face opposite direction and apply animation, the slippery effect is just a loop constantly decreasing the Y axis, you will also most likely need a raycast downwards so that it ends the loop when A) Player is 2 studs from hitting the floor. B) They press Spacebar which should create a fake jump using bodyvelocity.

1 Like

okay i will try that. but i have an idea that is much simpler and might work

@GetFreeModel1 has done it look :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: Roblox Studio edge climbing System - YouTube :slight_smile:

2 Likes

look :eyes: it works omg thank you guys for all your help