[ PLUGIN ] AdvSelect - Your Personal Assistant In Visualizing Objects You've Selected

UPDATE: June 16th, 2022: Plugin has been upgraded to utilize the new “Highlight” feature!!

Hi, everyone!

This plugin is the product of me repeatedly forgetting to select corners in a map I’m currently developing, thus leaving walls or other geometry in the “mirroring” of a hallway, due to how the current selection outlines get lost in overlapping geometry.

FEATURES

• Creates a Highlight object around any selected object, only when you select them.

Planned Updates

• “Snap” feature - allowing BaseParts to snap together
  • Native support for “Redshift SDK”
  • GUI to change settings such as: Color, Outline Color, Transparency, and Outline Transparency
Screenshots

Feel free to leave any suggestions and feedback below! :slight_smile:

-TheRings0fSaturn

Old Plugin Details

Hi, everyone!

This plugin is the product of me repeatedly forgetting to select corners in a map I’m currently developing, thus leaving walls or other geometry in the “mirroring” of a hallway, due to how the current selection outlines get lost in overlapping geometry.

FEATURES

• Forms a green outline around any object that you select, making it very easy to view what you’ve selected already, rather than relying on a outline that can get hidden in more complex geometry.
Screenshots

29 Likes

Nice plugin!

The selection doesn’t update whenever I resize/move the part.

• nevermind just realised thats a planned update
1 Like

Looks cool and definitely seems useful. I don’t like how the default Studio selection box shows the full selection size only, making it hard to see if stuff inside of your selection box actually got selected, and this solves that problem.

I’m assuming this is using the new Forcefields, right? I haven’t had time to mess around with them yet but this would be a cool use of them.

1 Like

It is indeed using the new forcefield material! :slight_smile:

Update: June 16th, 2022:

Plugin now utilizes the new Highlight object instead of forcefields! Should be much better in terms of performance!

2 Likes