[Plugin] AutoScale Lite for GUIs - Scale your UI

Thanks :slight_smile: Atm I am only wanting it so that it can convert to scale or vice versa when x is say a scale value and y is a offset value.

If you want to do it when it uses two values(scale and offset), can you not look at the absolute size and do some calculations based off that?

2 Likes

I guess, I’m going to make a mindmap and rework my plugin to detect the different situations.

Conditions: (X and Y’s offset or scale is not 0)

Situations:
-X is Offset, Y is Offset
-X is Scale, Y is Scale
-X is Scale, Y is Offset
-X is Offset, Y is Scale
-X is Offset and Scale, Y is Offset and Scale
-X is Offset and Scale, Y is Scale
-X is Offset and Scale, Y is Offset
-X is Scale, Y is Offset and Scale
-X is Offset, Y is Offset and Scale

oh god… I’ll try making a module or something

4 Likes

Couldn’t you just use the AbsoluteSize of the gui instance, and if converting to offset – set size to absoluteSize as it is – if converting to scale, calculate the AbsoluteSize as a percent of the parent AbsoluteSize

1 Like

I don’t think it works like that, I’ll check it out later

1 Like

Hey guys! new update, made the settings gui bigger and the plugin now has an auto change anchor point feature.

Warning: Make sure you don’t enable this and move all your gui to startergui because it will completely obliterate your UI (Since it shifts all your UI). I recommend using this only if you are making a new UI from scratch and you know what you’re doing, otherwise, leave it alone.

3 Likes

The plugin now supports waypoints so you can now use the undo button to undo stuff that the plugin did.

Also fixed print message spam.

3 Likes

@ZacBytes I think I should just report a quick thing to you.

There has been a tiny bug in your plugin for a while where, even when scaling to scale, it prints “Converted to offset” .

Just thought I should say so that you can know about this :grinning:

I already fixed this a long time ago. Why don’t you try updating the plugin through the Plugin Manager tab?

I already did, although I just checked and it doesn’t do that anymore.

Sorry.

Noticed that this works for all devices except iPhone 6, hmmm.

1 Like

Tested it using emulator, seems to be working fine. Could you send a screenshot of your Explorer tab?

ah, noticed that you use the plugin and scale it before you design it, my mistake.

2 Likes

Updated the plugin yeeeeee

new custom print messages (its actually animated but the gif has low fps so it’s not showing

1 Like

Cool.

I really like this plugin, it saves a bunch of time trying to do the math to position the UI.

I like how you keep updating this plugin to add new stuff.

Well done.

2 Likes

Thank you for this great plugin, it makes my work much easier. I recommend to anyone who is into making UI design.

3 Likes

Can confirm, you are crazy if you think this is a horrible plugin. Get it now. It solved all my scaling problems.

2 Likes

I didn’t see this post until just now and I had been working on writing a plugin that did just this. Thank you for the time saver!

2 Likes

Hey ZacBytes, I have a question about your Plugin, If I want the Plugin to scale my UI for Both Mobile and PC, how can I do so?

The post literally tells you how… Use the constraint

I did but as soon as a change the Device type, it did not work, what am I doing wrong?