[Plugin] AutoScale Lite for GUIs - Scale your UI

Are you using scale + the UiAspectRatio constraint like in the post?

I am litterly so dumb, thank you, I did not know

Hey, do you mean enable the Scale and then create the constrant?

Yep, that is indeed what I mean.

1 Like

Ahhh I understand now, thank you for your help.

Okay, a feature I missed from V1 was that it would actually autoscale the size of the descendants
Second thing is, when I try to duplicate the rescaled UI, I tend to get a messed up one instead of a duplicate. Any fixes?

1 Like

Did you turn on automatic changing of the anchor point?

Yeah I fixed it now, I still wish it scaled the descendants too it worked awesome for me lol. But this is an amazing plugin especially with the UI Constraints

1 Like

I use this all the time. Excellent plugin, and well made.

1 Like

I tried it and my gui messes up even with the settings on how you said to do it
i want it to look like this

But it ends up looking like this ( one with just the ui aspect in the frame set to scale)

Or this ( with the scale and the ui aspect in the image labels in the frame as well as the frame with it in)

I need to know how to resolve the issue so my gui can look the same on all screens. and not scaled weirdly.

1 Like

Set the anchor point to 0.5, 0.5 and turn on autoscale. That should fix your problem

1 Like

actually i had to set all the ui aspect constraints to scale with parent size and it worked.

1 Like

Just fixed this. I completely remade the size conversion math and it’s way more efficient now (100 lines shorter).

Now, it should convert to Scale/Offset no matter what values you put in the GuiObject’s size. Also fixed other bugs.

(Update the plugin in plugin manager)

1 Like

Maybe you could put the ui into widgets for the user experience? I personally feel that the easiest.

Which gui? You mean the settings gui?

All the guis. So it’s not stuck on the screen.

Theres only one gui, the settings gui. I didn’t put it into a lua widget because it was too hard to design stuff on it, I’ll try later.

Edit: Seems to be a bug where duplicating a gui sets its size to 0,0,0,0. I’m fixing this.

1 Like

Fixed the size 0,0,0,0 issue thanks to @BanTech Please update the plugin and restart studio.

1 Like

I have a suggestion

being able to convert padding to scale or offset

using Scale for padding can be tricky and time consuming and offset is just easier to use so it would be nice to do all padding in offset to make it look nice and being able to convert it to scale (this is why I use this plugin because adjusting scale is annoying)

the basic math behind it is this

local guiFrame = script.Parent
local frameSize = guiFrame.AbsoluteSize
local listLayout = guiFrame.UIListLayout

function PaddingToScale()
	listLayout.Padding = UDim.new(listLayout.Padding.Offset / frameSize.Y, 0)
end

function PaddingToOffset()
	listLayout.Padding = UDim.new(0, listLayout.Padding.Scale * frameSize.Y)
end

you’d want to add more code to check if the layout is set horizontal or vertical and adjust the code based on that

this is just the basic math behind

if you want to add it or need some help just let me know

5 Likes

Sure, but can’t you just use a UIPadding constraint?

I’m going to be expanding AutoScale to have other features soon