Plugin copy protection

As the title says, with a short line of code you can bring a whole plugin into the workspace and sell it as a plugin with a click. This has also been misused many times( Example )
In addition, this also damaged the developer. So: how can I make sure as a plugin developer that my plugin can not be copied. But it is still on the marketplace jst. I know you can remove code. But also hide

• What are you attempting to achieve? Copysave plugin
  • What is the issue? Dont knew how
  • What solutions have you tried so far? Searched in the forum and read the doc and api about plugins.

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

Do you mean like to inject scripts?
If yes, I think it’s because the plugin has scripts or idk.

My plugins say that too when I want to activate them. And they’re not viruses. They’re safe.

No I mean how do I prevent someone else from duplicating my plugin unnoticed and offering it themselves slightly customized or not at all.

You simply can’t.

2 Likes

And something script hide like if plugin owner == … ? I know they can delete it but I can hide it…

You can’t, when people get raw version of your plugin, none of the script will run.

2 Likes

Yes, but if they sell it and somebody buys it and uses it, then

Moon Animator 2 had the simillar idea, you can remove it within a minute.

1 Like

It was something like plugin id / plugin owner check. You can bypass it in seconds.

1 Like

You can’t protect your plugin from copies; whenever you download a plugin, the plugin’s source code is downloaded directly to your computer

2 Likes

This is impossible, but you can DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) Takedown the plugin (I may be wrong though) but when you download a plugin, the person who owns it can access the source code

1 Like

Maybe in the future when Roblox gets a different language that isn’t interpreted.