[PLUGIN] Devlogger - effortless and automated logging

Devlogger - effortless and automated logging

Devlogger is a free to use plugin with no extra purchases used for logging actions inside of Studio using Discord Webhooks. It is able to log:

• When a developer opens or closes a place
  • When a developer opens or closes a script
  • When an instance or multiples instances are selected
  • When an instance is deleted

Install Devlogger

Installation
  1. Enable Studio Access to API services
Click me to show an image on this step

1. Copy your discord webhook URL

1. Paste it in the Plugin under Devlogger->Game Settings->Webhook
Click me to show an image 1 on this step

Click me to show an image 2 on this step

Click me to show an image 3 on this step

1. Once you pasted your webhook press the “Log” button. Now it is saved.

1. You can now freely change the settings on what you want to be logged.
Click me to show what each setting does

Version History

Version 0.2.

• Not running while testing
  • Now logs when a developer goes offline or uninstalls the plugin
  • You can now paste the full webhook link

Version 0.21.

• Added support for groups

Version 0.22.

• Made Embeds prettier

New Update: Version 0.23.

• New Plugin Icon
  • Added Update Checker
  • Added Light Mode
  • New UI
  • New Debug Mode

Note: Other developers must also install this plugin in order for their actions to be logged.

If you have any questions or in case you have issues, please send me a PM. New Icon by @Romulu_s.
14 Likes

Could be useful for cases such as a worker purposfully putting innapropriate stuff in ur workspace at 3am or something and getting your account banned, you could use this as proof it wasnt you

4 Likes

Yes, I mainly designed my plugin for teams. You can not change settings unless your the owner, which makes logging yourself impossible unless the owner sets it up for you.

1 Like

now i can catch who added that sussy amongus model…
thx bro

3 Likes

No problem, I hope my plugin will be a big help to you. If you have any issues or suggestions, feel free to PM me.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but am I missing something? I follow all the Steps, but I can’t find the game setting

Screenshot

1 Like

If you have issues,

1. Check of you are the owner of the game
  2. Check if your the owner of the group that owns the game (some people use holder accounts, you need to get on them to open the settings)
  3. Check if API Services are enabled and you have a connection to the internet.
  4. Reminder, this only works on games, not files.

If you still have issues send me a PM, I will give you my discord username there.

1 Like

How did you manage to do this? This could be useful for the ToDo List and other pluginss.

1 Like

Its rather easy. And you can still change the settings by modifying the source code a little bit, it’s nothing much.

2 Likes

Its easy. Just use game.CreatorId.

Thank you all for 50 Installs :tada:

1 Like

What’s stopping a rogue developer from just uninstalling the plugin before they go conduct any malicious activities?

really like the concept of this but @Visuile is right and nothing is stopping anybody unless you do some complicated injection into the place file

1 Like

Something like this is cool, but is not that useful for stopping bad actors since it is all client side. Settings can be changed by any dev and as said by others, the dev can literally uninstall the plugin before they do anything bad.

The concept is great, but the execution is very hard on a platform like Roblox.

Yes, but it is mainly to document activity, not rogue developers. I am always trying to find better ways to keep stuff safe.

A big issue is that there is no way to share plugin data without datastores.