[Plugin] Display Unit Dimensions on BaseParts

Display Units on BaseParts

What tells you the size while you’re resizing something?

The Transform Tool does it, but not all the times.

While there are a plenty amount of missing features in Studio. I decided to make tools to create plugins with, like settings and etc., starting with Displaying the Units on BaseParts.

And that’s what the plugin does.

The plugin also has settings.

I still plan to add more

Displaying the Studs on Parts is just the beginning. And I took the style from Source 2.

Did you know that all these tools are built in Lua features?

I didn’t. But “TransformDragger” is a built in feature. Modifying these to improve them isn’t a bad idea. Though Roblox doesn’t provide them by default, which is an issue, but TransformDragger is enough to work with.

At the end all of these things are math based.

The Plugin has some unused Modules, but those are never loaded and I do have to redo the Settings implementation.

Changing the color of X Y Z does not work currently, I only made it so that the Color Picker works for Plugins and a toolkit to create settings windows.

There are still small improvements that I want to bring in, like that the Dimension Lines update based on your camera view.

Whenever I push a Major update to this plugin I’d make a new forum post. As of now, it will Display units.

The arrow buttons in the color picker do not work, just don’t click them. I had to find workarounds to get it to work because UserInputService doesn’t work with DockGUI.

Get The Plugin Here

https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/14686375729/UnitsDisplay

It’s free.

To Display Units, just make sure this is on.

Credits

• iOS Knob button design taken from Instance Serializer Plugin by @Dekkonot
  • A few Library functions from new Dex by LorekeeperZinnia, which is also present in Adonis Admin System.
9 Likes

Been using this its super nice considering you have to constantly check yourself in the game UI and I hate messing with the properties box. Being able to just look at it and go “oh yeah its right in front of me.”

1 Like

I’d update, e.g. so that the lines change based on where you’re looking at.

The math for it would be “Octants”. But idk, I was more figuring out how I want to make the Settings of the plugin. I made a sort of Proxy Table, but it’s really dank, and I might just do one table with all the settings inside of it, each has just one key.