[Retired] Plugin Importer

This plugin has been retired. It will no longer receive new updates.

Plugin Importer

Import plugins’ source code directly to Roblox Studio.

Install from Website | Source (GitHub)

Usage

Plugin Importer is really simple! Paste a link to (or the ID of) the plugin you want to import into the text box at the top of the window, and hit Enter. The imported plugin should appear inside ServerStorage and will be automatically selected for you in the Explorer.

N.B. Due to Roblox API changes, it’s no longer possible to display your creations (as shown in the screenshot above). Due to this reason, this tab has been removed.

Download

25 Likes

I’ve gotta say, this is probably my favorite plugin now. I’m not really into developing plugins myself, so whenever I see a plugin and think

“Maybe I’d wanna have this OTHER feature that this plugin currently doesn’t have, I wish the developer of this plugin would add it”

Now that doesn’t need to be thought, I can simply add the features I want to the plugins I want, and I’d be happy. Of course giving credit to the original plugin developer.

In this case, @Ozzypig’s “Ban Hammer” plugin found here would be a great example of what I’d want to modify.

4 Likes

This plugin seems to be quite popular, so I decided it was time to give it a facelift. It’s now completely open source, built with Roact, and resembles the Studio Toolbox. All functionality currently remains the same, but I do have some extra features in the pipeline.

2 Likes

This is actually really cool! There’s some plugins that I want to see how they work

1 Like

In light mode it looks really weird? Is this supposed to happen?

1 Like

2021-01-17T23:05:17Z - Updated theming for light mode

Thanks for pointing that out! I had apparently neglected to test the plugin in light mode, and it turns out I’d used the wrong built-in theme colours for those components. Updating to the latest version should fix this!

Nice, thanks! I don’t usually use light mode but I was trying it out for today, then I found that!

1 Like

2021-03-10T02:55:00Z - Client side requests

Plugin Importer will can now make HTTP requests when run on the client in run mode. This means you’ll no longer get an error in your output if Plugin Importer is enabled while playtesting.

hey uhh how do I use this,
when I download nothing happens,
any instructions I have been missing out on…?

You should be able to open the Plugin Importer window by clicking its icon in the a Plugins tab of the ribbon in Studio. From there you’ll have two options:

• Recent - This is where you’ll find a history of all plugins you’ve previously imported.
    • You can also paste a link (or plugin ID) into the text box towards the top of the page to import any plugin.
  • Creations - Here you’ll find plugins you’ve uploaded to Roblox personally. This makes it quick to import any plugins you’ve been working on that you’ve saved to Roblox.

Hopefully that helps. If you’ve got any errors in your output window regarding the plugin importer, please reply here with a screenshot or paste the contents.

1 Like

ahh I fixed it, thanks , I was confused at first

1 Like

This plugin is amazing! I’ve used it before and is much easier than using game:GetObjects.

However, I still would love a feature to allow me to view my group plugin creations. One of my plugins is published to my group but I can’t import them in using this plugin since it does not support this.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll pop your request into the GitHub issues as a feature request!

1 Like

i cant install the plugin :confused:

Are you getting any errors, or is this a problem on Roblox’s side?

I click install it opens Studio But It does not say Installed, and I cant see it in the plugins tab.

You should see this icon in your plugin toolbar:

If you have a lot of plugins installed it may be in the overflow, which you will see a tab on the right of your plugin toolbar if this is the case.

You can verify if the plugin is installed by right clicking the ribbon tab bar at the top of your screen and seeing if Plugin Importer is available in the menu. Double check your output window for any errors related to plugin importer too, as this could be what’s preventing it from loading.

i cant even see it in plugin manager so i dont think it installed at all.

This may be an issue with Studio itself, and I would advise you to try installing a different plugin to see if they install successfully. If not, reinstall Studio and try again. If the problem persists, file a bug report.

It could also be issues on Roblox’s end regarding servers, which I would suggest giving it 10-30 minutes and retrying.

i waited 6 days. reinstalled roblox studio Still Does Not Download.