[Plugin] RichEditor

RichEditor

by LumberUniverse

I wasn't really satisfied with the currently available text editors available to the public and I had some free time so I decided to create the plugin with the features rich text had to offer. I've been able to add most functions of rich text with a few missing but I hope to eventually support all of the capabilities of rich text eventually. For people working with rich text, I feel this could be a great addition to your collection of plugins.

Currently supported tags:

• font (color, size & face)
  • stroke (color, thickness & transparency)
  • bold
  • italics
  • underline
  • strikethrough
  • sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴄᴀᴘs - Added 20 October
  • UPPERCASE - Added 20 October

PLUGIN

Icons provided by https://icons8.com/
All the code is mine but the idea originally comes from Text Editor which is really good for a lightweight editor.

32 Likes

From the looks of it, it looks very useful. Once I have time later I will try it out! Thanks for your contribution! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Looks like a good plugin! My game uses a lot of RichText and from the looks of it, this can speed up development by a lot. I will try it out later. Thanks!

2 Likes

Nice work! I’m going to be using this from now on. Thank you for making this Lumber!

2 Likes

Why should I use this instead of Text Editor?

2 Likes

You copied this? Text Editor: Make editing "Text" fields much easier

1 Like

What is the Difference about this Plugin Text Editor Plugin and this Plugin RichEditor???

1 Like

Don’t you just change the gui from JohnnyMorganz/roblox-text-editor and reupload it?

@Toxicherokingso @Starnamics @EmulationNerd @antcar0929 while the plugins share similarities this is not a copy and is meant to be a more feature-rich plugin. The plugin you guys mentioned doesn’t support word specific fonts, sizes, colours, strokes, uppercase & small caps. All the code is mine and I’m happy to say so.

Edit: I’ve also added a credit as I had taken inspiration from Johnny.

4 Likes