Text Editor Plugin
Are you making some UI involving Text? You must’ve felt constricted to that tiny little input field in the properties field, making it really hard to work and check what you’re typing.
To solve this, check out the Text Editor plugin!
Now you can edit your text quickly and easily, especially helpful with the introduction of Rich Text.
- Real time output window so you can see how your text will look as you type it
- Multi-line support for all text fields
- Toggles for rich text features, allowing you to easily highlight text and apply a rich text property to it (and remove it if already present!). If you toggle when not highlighting anything, it will add new tags at your cursor location, and move your cursor inside of them
- Easy access to text-related properties such as Font, TextSize and Alignment
Simple! Just install the plugin, select a TextLabel/TextButton/TextBox, and open up the Text Editor!
To make editing even quicker, you can assign a Studio Shortcut (
FILE > Advanced > Customize Shortcuts and look for
Text Editor: Toggle Open) to an easy keybind, so you can quickly open/close the Text Editor whenever you need it
TODO: Future Updates
- Keybinds for rich text tags, such as CTRL + B for bold etc. (This is currently not possible with Roblox restrictions, as all input is sunk - any recommendations for this would be appreciated!)
- Integrate more text-related properties within the widget (eg. TextStroke, TextColor3) so that it is all in one location
- Support for Rich Text font size and color changing
Make sure to let me know anything else you would recommend
This plugin is open source! Feel free to check it out at the Github Repo, contributing is welcome!